Author Topic: Supermarkets are pretty much on their toes....!  (Read 435 times)

granny moss

Supermarkets are pretty much on their toes....!
« on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:05:22 AM »
I was just browsing Morrisons, and then thought I'll put a small order in for home delivery...I just had a delivery from Parsley box and awaiting one from Sainsburys....but I was curious to try some of their ready meals...They require a £25 minimum order for delivering...Sainsburys is £50, I think ? I did my small order and when I wanted to go to the checkout, I could not find the button to press. I looked around in all directions...and eventually my order disappeared....So, I just gave up. This morning when checking my e.mail, there was one from Morrison....Welcoming me to their shopping on line....I am not going to bother now, but maybe later on I will give them a try....We have been warned about some very HOT weather coming...Jenny and Steve are going to their home by the sea...They have missed their short visits there...I do not mind been left on my own.....I barricade myself in my room at night... :D and I have an alarm button on my wrist...and a walking stick made of steel.....and the telephone... :D There are 3 Land Rovers, 2 touring caravans, and a Prelude car...all parked at the front....So, maybe whoever comes in the middle of the night, they may take them and not bother to come to the bungalow.... ::) 8) The house I left, had all the windows locked with two keys !...and safety locks and bolts and the tall gate by the road, and the back and front doors....and we had a light on the top at the garage door, with a cross bar inside...and the street light right in front of it ! We were robbed three times !!! and once in full day light...I was doing the ironing in the dining room, the dog was a sleep in the hall and Micky was outside
 the front gate, fiddling with his head under the car bonnet...This very smart looking young boy came in and unseen went straight down the hall to my bag and took the purse with £50 cash and the credit cards, and the house keys etc....On his way out I stopped him by the door, and Micky came in...we stood for a second all three of us looking at each other and I said: who are you? at which point he took off....I realised he was a thief and I run after him...I stopped a car with a young lady driver and got in and shouted : catch him !...he just took my purse....Imagine the poor young lady's face...but she did try to catch him....The next day my friend from Canada was arriving to stay. It was saturday afternoon. I had no money, no cards, the banks were clolsed....and had to do some shopping for food...Went to Tesco, and esplained the problem and they were very kind and let me do the shopping and pay by cheque....The insurance Norwich Union were very good, and paid up without any fuss. Even for changing the locks and the cash stolen and my leather purse....So, you see, even in the daylight we are not safe...The next robbery was,"they" forced and ripped off the garage doors to steal my grandson racing bicycle worth a couple of thousand pounds. We never heard any noise, because of the double glazing. The insurance did not pay because we had not entered the bicycle separately from the rest of the items....Grandson never cycled again !  He has now got a yacht fully insured separately...I am quite exhausted now.... :D :D :D I am goin to finish my cup of coffee and then have a very nice breakfast...I have agreeting card to paint, so I shall be busy....Have a lovely day and hope I have not bored you too much...I think when I come to the Forum, I try to unbore myself.....and it makes me feel a bit better....My apologies for been such a bore.... :D gmx       ps. Forgot to say this tale unfolded is to say that no matter how careful we are, thiefs will alway find a way to rob us...... :'(

Ashy

Re: Supermarkets are pretty much on their toes....!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:26:11 AM »
I think you deserve a rest after all that!. I have never quite understood why ladies' clothes don't have any pockets, so you carry your whole world in a bag. My first wife has lost several.

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:48:42 AM »
Forgot to say this tale unfolded is to say that no matter how careful we are, thiefs will alway find a way to rob us...... :'(

Especially those thieves who trawl social media forums to get information about where is good place to burgle.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »
How are they going to know who you are or where you live?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
Not that I am on social media, but I understand some folk are remarkably naïve over the details they post
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »
I dont join any social media or discussion forum with my correct name/address details. Nor do I post my photo or photos of my house or area. Manchester is a very big city.

But it can be very intimidating being alone at night if you are used to family being around. I have several baseball bats and other weapons handy and would not hesitate to use them. A loud personal alarm is also a very good idea.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2020, 07:34:12 AM »
How are they going to know who you are or where you live?

Some do research & some just trawl for information on the basis that it might be useful, especially the communities with widespread networked connections.

I'd be amazed if this site hasn't been looked at.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)