Author Topic: History fun for kids  (Read 409 times)

klondike

History fun for kids
« on: Jun 24, 2020, 12:50:58 PM »
Take them out on a trip around your town of all the sites of historic interest. You can point out all the buildings that used to be...

Schools
Public toilets
Gyms
Swimming pools
etc. etc.
So long and thanks for all the fish

biglouis

Re: History fun for kids
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
All the facilities which are closed or which we cannot use by government order but we are still expected to pay for with council tax? Yeah, right.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
I only miss one facility : A library...and would miss  all the moaning that goes on in this Forum :D :D :D That is what old people are for....mostly ! We have earned the privilege to do so, as we have managed to survive all that life has thrown at us..... :D

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2020, 09:54:03 AM »
In my opinion some councils have written another chapter of their agenda on the back of this pandemic. Mine has, they have banned all street parking in the high street on the grounds that parking reduces the width of the pavement (in marked bays put there by guess who). However they have not closed cycle lanes where they restrict the width of the pavement oh no. This is a high street with many houses and they have to pay a lot for parking permits.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »
why are so many councils so blatantly anti car?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
why are so many councils so blatantly anti car?
Mike
Because its another valuable source of revenue for them to fritter away on silly projects that no one wants or is consulted about. Not to mention "fact finding" trips for councillers and other jollies.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2020, 06:29:16 PM »
When that fine upstarting gentleman Lord Prescott gave councils the instruments to control parking he certainly started something. I wish he hadn't.