Author Topic: Is Italy next ?  (Read 1750 times)

mick607

Is Italy next ?
« on: Jun 25, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »
It seems some of our Italian neighbours are getting fed up with the EU.A collapsing pack of cards scenario springs to my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDOC-_MLLic

klondike

Re: Is Italy next ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
There are anti EU movements in lots of the member states AfD Germany and National Rally in France too for instance. These are not major parties though but the sentiment is growing. I read stories most weeks about some country of other being close to exit. I'll believe it when it happens - look at just how hard our establishment tried to keep us in and they haven't given up on Brino yet.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2020, 10:40:18 AM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the various Italian political factions can join forces to get Quitaly done but, as Klondike has said, it could take some time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2020, 10:45:38 AM »
Whilst I will take an interest in this beached leviathan on our doorstep, I would not venture to suggest the best course of action for any of the member countries, and if it collapses I promise not to cheer and go out and get rat faced. However I do take the view that its form is wrong; it is set up as a dictatorship with enormous overheads, astronomical salaries etc, by politicians FOR politicians, when common sense would suggest that no more than a simple liaison organisation would suffice.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2020, 10:56:54 AM »
It seems some of our Italian neighbours are getting fed up with the EU.A collapsing pack of cards scenario springs to my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDOC-_MLLic

Jeff Taylor ?  is someone working him with a stick Mick ?  :):):)

mick607

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:54:48 PM »
Jeff Taylor ?  is someone working him with a stick Mick ?  :) :) :)
Could well be Alex   ;D ;D

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2020, 12:12:07 AM »
I just watched the final part of the excellent series on Maggie Thatcher. I believe she foresaw the monster that the EU would become and even used expressions like a "federal states of Europe" when describing it. There was a lot she got wrong but not her attitude to Europe.

I wish we had someone of her stature to lead us now. I dont think she would hesitate to use water cannon on the BLM loonies.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2020, 12:36:06 AM »
We haven't got water cannons. The ones Boris bought for 300,000 squids were flogged off for scrap..£11,000 was paid. The use of such weapons is disapproved of by HMG and rightly so.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2020, 07:36:04 AM »
Italy was not generally happy with the euro...my SIS in Italy complained bitterly about how their money value was halved in one stroke....We had a shop at the time, and overnight the Pound  was only worth 100 pennies !!!! gmx

digitalis

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »
Who is GrannyMoss? Sounds like an interesting lady who has many stories to tell and much wisdom.

Mind you,on this thing, she could be a he living in a maximum security slammer doing life for triple murder.

Strange thing this living

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:16:02 AM »
I just watched the final part of the excellent series on Maggie Thatcher. I believe she foresaw the monster that the EU would become and even used expressions like a "federal states of Europe" when describing it. There was a lot she got wrong but not her attitude to Europe.

I wish we had someone of her stature to lead us now. I dont think she would hesitate to use water cannon on the BLM loonies.

Or on the 'No lives matter' idiots causing mayhem on the beaches.  😟
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

stellamaris

« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2020, 12:41:55 PM »
I have mixed feelings about water cannons.  Those I saw being used last weekend in one of those EU countries along the North Sea didn't seem to be used too ferociously - more as a no-man's land technique.  But, big but, they were used alongside tear gas.

However, my overriding memories of water canon are those used in Alabama [?] in the 60s.  Do you remember those black and white TV scenes with them being used to roll isolated people, black women usually, along the pavements? Quite wicked really.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Raven

« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2020, 12:59:26 PM »
I have mixed feelings about water cannons.  Those I saw being used last weekend in one of those EU countries along the North Sea didn't seem to be used too ferociously - more as a no-man's land technique.  But, big but, they were used alongside tear gas.

However, my overriding memories of water canon are those used in Alabama [?] in the 60s.  Do you remember those black and white TV scenes with them being used to roll isolated people, black women usually, along the pavements? Quite wicked really.

I know I'm for the use of Water Cannons but restrained use. Not used to hurt people but give them a good soaking and make them uncomfortable and want to leave.
Can the force of the water not be turned up and down like a tap?

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:01:29 PM »
You need high pressure for the range.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »
If we had water cannon here they'd probably fire out warm water, we don't want to offend anyone now do we  ?