Author Topic: Is Italy next ?  (Read 1749 times)

Raven

Re: Is Italy next ?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »
You need high pressure for the range.

Oh, never thought of that.. ::)

Raven

« Reply #16 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
If we had water cannon here they'd probably fire out warm water, we don't want to offend anyone now do we  ?

We could give them all shampoo and shower gel too. ;D

klondike

« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:09:11 PM »
Certainly an obvious reply from me but if you already knew that the question seems strange. No point arming the police with water pistols is there?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Jun 26, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
Certainly an obvious reply from me but if you already knew that the question seems strange. No point arming the police with water pistols is there?
😸😸😸😸
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:06:51 PM »

What was the question again ?  :):)

granny moss

« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:17:11 PM »
digitalis ( a most poisonus plant....it also has in very small doses, some medicinal properties....) Granny moss is a very old lady, that had a very interesting and varied long life... Used, when young, to be compared to Greta Garbo....She was an only daughter, much loved. Fell in love with her boss at the British HQ when the war was over. Married him and came to England. London first stop. When she lost the love of her life, she sold her home and is now living in her granny annexe near her daughter. Has, in the last four years, written her life story. 250 pages of it. Had a couple of publishers interested in publishing, but family not too happy. They will publish the Story when I am gone....Amazon self publishing is also on offer.... ;) 8)   gmx

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2020, 09:36:11 PM »
You're not wrong nonna..Digitalis Purpura. The Purple foxglove. Produces a drug that slows and strengthens the beat of a failing heart. I have one in a tub in the garden..Self-seeded. (Act of God?). Given my fibrillative state, I'm half-seriously thinking of brewing some up!
   Not sure what to say about the rest of your post..Been at the sherry again??. ;D  Your offspring and theirs will have a wonderful family document to value and pass on. With photographs one assumes?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2020, 09:57:43 PM »
What was the question again ?  :) :)
Can the force of the water not be turned up and down like a tap?
 ???
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Jun 26, 2020, 10:01:26 PM »
Patience practiced wins praise in Heaven.. ::)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #24 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »
Which part of my post was under the influence ? Really...What is wrong with been beautiful ? I have been told that I was beautiful by males and females in almost equal parts during my life.. Life is quite complicated when one is beautiful. And I am still  been considered as been beautiful. At the millenium festivities, a young man approached Micky and asked him who I was. Micky said: She is my wife....The young man said to Micky: Oh, I fancy her...Micky said: Tell her...The young man said to me: I work at the hospital as a porter. You can jump on my trolley any time !! :D :D I said with mocked indignation...Steady young man ! I am a grandmother....! We all had a nice laugh....The worst problem of being beautiful, is not he ones that are jealous, but the ones that become a nuisance...The only defence I had, was to be very careful in my behaviour. I had to lecture a few males,  and tell them to be ashamed and go home and take care of their wife and children. I never spared them if they bothered me. By the way, three women proposed to me. And I had during my life, lots of female loyal friends. When younger working in London, I was often asked if I was a model. I am enjoying this post....and I do not see why I should bother, but it seems to amuse me. Have a nice time. gmx :D

digitalis

« Reply #25 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:19:38 AM »
Digitalis: For it is He.

Have read GrannyMac,and take her for what she is. I think the lady will have an interesting story to tell,and it would have been nice to talk to her. ind you,I ten to think if I sat down with most on here,most would have an interesting story to tell. Howsoever,I guess there are storytellers and story tellers;it's how you tell 'em I guess!!

I'm going off topic here so everyone go to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if they want. Know a chap who has gone round the world a dozen times on these liners(not my cup of tea). I would love to listen to him tell of his experiences and tell of the people he met etc etc. Howsever,when I begin to ask him about his times its 3 hours before he has finished telling me how he has packed his bags,and another one hour before he gets to his front gate. By then I my back is going,so too my eyes,and I think I am going to fall to the floor. Thus,tho people may have interesting stories to tell,sometimes telling them can cripple me.

I dont think this is true of GranyMac.

Then again,I have an interest in Deception stories...whereupon GrannyMac might be Big Steve from Oregon penitentiary doing 90 years for serial killing. And such is this strange life we're living theseadays.

granny moss

« Reply #26 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »
Digitalis, I am Granny Moss and my Story title is : "Almost forgotten"  and it took me over four years of work to write it.  It is from 1923 to 2013. The opinions of the members in the Forum have zero impact on my life, as we are all only ephemeral...I do not feel the need to invent any episodes in my life, because it has been a very interesting life. If any member of the forum find it a bore, just do not bother to read my post :D . So elementary, my friend. I enjoy the Forum, but it is only a pastime. I am not any of the criminal things that have been suggested....I love to talk to intelligent persons. I NEVER found the need for inventing any part of my life. I am always happy with that. I also have a very good sense of humour. It helped me a lot many times.. :D .Take your face masks when going out....gmx  P.S...I am beginning to get confused between italian-french-english when I write...and find I need to consult dictionaries...as I know that in here are the several beady eyed critics about typos etc... ::) Such a bore... ::)

biglouis

« Reply #27 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »
I was never beautiful and am glad of it. My sister was exceptionally pretty and got pregnant at 16 at a time when it was still considered a disgrace. Then she married a man who beat her up (not the father of her child) and spend a few miserable years with him.

When I was 11 I complained to my gran that it was unfair having a sister who was pretty when I was ugly. My gran put me wise to the fact that I was not ugly but "plain" and that plain girls can make a lot of themselves with the right makeup, etc. She pointed out that all the most successful Hollywood actresses of the day (Bette Davies, Barbara Stanwyck) were really quite ordinary looking without their makeup and glamorous clothes. However they had the gift of making people believe they were beautiful.

It strikes me that having the gift to make people believe in you, as the great actors have, is a far greater blessing than being born with certain features arranged in a certain order which gullible people call beautiful.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #28 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
Been beautiful can be a burden. I was lucky and still are, because I am loved. I also love my family and friends, a lot. I am truly blessed. And contented.My only wish is that when my time comes, I go quitely in my sleep. I have a very kind spirit taking care of me. And a most beautiful Angel, helping me when I need it. And Micky is waiting for me. I am so very lucky. gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #29 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »
I’ve never found being beautiful a problem.. ;)
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.