Author Topic: Anybody else had the latest 'lockdown' instructions?  (Read 779 times)

Goingtoseed

Anybody else had the latest 'lockdown' instructions?
« on: Jun 26, 2020, 11:51:57 PM »
Received another letter this morning from the NHS. It tells me that I should still be locked away.
It does suggest that things might change by the 1st August.

When I see what is happening, the demand to re-open pubs etc - have a thought for people like me who so far have served the equivalent of a 30 week prison sentence!

I'm not complaining as I am saving a fortune with the lockdown but do they really have any idea when I can be paroled?

zoony

Re: Anybody else had the latest 'lockdown' instructions?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:16:16 AM »
I'm afraid I went over the wall, for the second time in my life, first not metaphorical, a week or two ago. I have the necessary equipment, visor, mask and gloves and I'm judicious. I'm just old, not an idiot.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:16:50 AM »
I obediently stayed in for six weeks but then started going out very carefully for a walk.  We don't touch anything or go near anyone and take our shoes off in the porch.

We have walked round the local rugby field and football field.  A neighbour told us that a nearby beach was quiet so we drove there and checked and there were very few people about so we have had a few lovely walks along the prom.  Nobody comes near us.

The only idiot we have seen was a runner.  He was running towards a frail old lady with a zimmer and she was desperately trying to get onto the grass to get out of his way but couldn't manage.  He ran far too close to her.

Two friends came round this week and came through the garage and sat in our garden.  It was lovely to see them and we had a good natter. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
I obediently stayed in for six weeks but then started going out very carefully for a walk.  We don't touch anything or go near anyone and take our shoes off in the porch.

We have walked round the local rugby field and football field.  A neighbour told us that a nearby beach was quiet so we drove there and checked and there were very few people about so we have had a few lovely walks along the prom.  Nobody comes near us.

The only idiot we have seen was a runner.  He was running towards a frail old lady with a zimmer and she was desperately trying to get onto the grass to get out of his way but couldn't manage.  He ran far too close to her.

Two friends came round this week and came through the garage and sat in our garden.  It was lovely to see them and we had a good natter.
Although the runner was a right burke and totally ill-mannered - that sort of near contact has an almost infinitesimal risk level
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »
Although the runner was a right burke and totally ill-mannered - that sort of near contact has an almost infinitesimal risk level
Mike

My husband has just read your reply Michael and commented that there was fear on her face as the idiot ran towards her and that's the trouble.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:28:31 PM »
Understandable and the runner was a totally inconsiderate idiot
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »
It's probably common - remember the one who barged somebody into the path of a bus in London?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »

So basically she didn't have to get onto the grass & he didn't run into her.

Any fear on her face was down to her perception & not the actualities.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2020, 01:20:42 PM »
Received another letter this morning from the NHS. It tells me that I should still be locked away.
It does suggest that things might change by the 1st August.

When I see what is happening, the demand to re-open pubs etc - have a thought for people like me who so far have served the equivalent of a 30 week prison sentence!

I'm not complaining as I am saving a fortune with the lockdown but do they really have any idea when I can be paroled?

Sounds like the letter I have just had.  We have no intention of going to the pub for a very long time.  When people have had a few drinks, they won't remember to be careful.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2020, 01:26:20 PM »
And in the meantime they expect us to pay full council tax for facilities like parks, swimming baths, sports centers, libraries etc which we are forbidden to use? Yeah, right. The government closes them and says you cant use them and the local authority says you still gotta pay full whack for them, That might be worth a legal challenge.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:10:32 PM »
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:24:50 PM »
When people have had a few drinks, they won't remember to be careful.

As many a child can prove.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:29:12 PM »

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:51:59 PM »
Ahh!! The good old Babycham days..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »
Sounds like the letter I have just had.  We have no intention of going to the pub for a very long time.  When people have had a few drinks, they won't remember to be careful.

Neither do I. The last time I went in a pub and had any form of alcoholic beverage was back in 2004. Been TT since.

This new letter tells me that as from the 6th July I need not stay 6' from my wife while at home, I must continue social distancing when meeting up with 6 people, and can form a social bubble with one other household only.

So apart from having had to remain indoors for the past 14 weeks (had two short walks outside - down the drive and back) I now from the 6th July can leave the spare bed and go to bed with my wife.

However it really p****s me off that I have complied with all of the advice and requirements yet others out there seem to think that it's back to normal!