Author Topic: “untenable and unacceptable”  (Read 478 times)

klondike

“untenable and unacceptable”
« on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »
Apparently the Glasgow stabbings were our fault for providing the asylum seekers with poor WiFi along with only three meals a day, basic toiletries, a laundry service and very little money.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/06/26/sky-news-desperate-migrants-in-glasgow-stabbing-hotel-unhappy-with-limited-wifi-poor-food/

We really need to up our game on this problem. Well the pіss poor Border Force do anyway and start taking the sods back to France instead of into Dover.

Target. Believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

GrannyMac

Re: “untenable and unacceptable”
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:07:52 AM »
But this was in Scotland! Scotland wants open door immigration, it wants to remain in the EU, at least according to Nicola. 🙄

'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:09:30 AM »
No, this will all be the fault of the UK government, probably for starving  Nicola of money to waste
To be fair, how did these folk end up in Scotland? It would be a pretty epic journey in the usual asylum seeker boat to reach Glasgow
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »
What's the betting we find that we have violated their human rights?
Mike

David G

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »
Sturgeon is always saying how they need and want more immigrants in Scotland, Scotland wants them Scotland should pay for them to be looked after in the way that's acceptable to them. It's up to their politicians how they do it.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

digitalis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:43:04 AM »
Please think of the asylum seekers now paid guest in the Dover White Cliffs Hotel(as once taken by author Bill Bryson). Some asylum families are only ascribed one car per family to go out to shop. The locals have the luxury of the covid bus. I think they are given telephones to phone their families(coming or already in,Calais?) to tell them they are safe.

Lily Allen would shed tears if she heard this news

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:34:58 AM »
No, this will all be the fault of the UK government, probably for starving  Nicola of money to waste
To be fair, how did these folk end up in Scotland? It would be a pretty epic journey in the usual asylum seeker boat to reach Glasgow
Mike

It doesn't matter where in the UK someone enters or claims asylum, if they need housing (most do) they are dispersed to wherever there is some available whilst their claim is investigated.  Scotland takes a share, but the UKBA pays

I don't believe any are given cars though?
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020, 10:29:27 AM by GrannyMac »

Burns

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
Bloody Hell, Lots of nasty Claws out. So nice of you to share some sympathy for the victims in this vicious attack. But then it's no surprise really as it happened in Scotland. If this had happened south of the border you'd be singing from a very different hymm sheet.

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020, 10:27:09 AM by Raven »
I detest Arrogant Know It All's, who argue for the sake of it...

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:27:11 AM »
About 50 asylum seekers are living in a Holiday Inn a few miles away from us.  Apparently local people have been taking them home made cakes etc.
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »
To be totally honest Sheila, I just wish all 4  Governments would send them back home. They know they won't be returned and I believe that's why they head here and kick off till they get in.  >:( >:( >:(
Please excuse the swear word on the pic. I don't like or use that language.

mick607

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
So much for multicultural enrichment. Just shows it never works.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
I think it may if they made the effort to embrace the Country and Culture they choose to come to. But in a lot less numbers so there's enough homes, places in schools, and Doctor/Hospitals ect AND, people don't feel they're losing their Country to foreigners who try to change everything.

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2020, 10:55:58 AM »
About 50 asylum seekers are living in a Holiday Inn a few miles away from us.  Apparently local people have been taking them home made cakes etc.

How kind. There's a fair bit of support from voluntary groups here in Sheffield.  In reality, trouble is caused by a minority, but that's what the media focus on. I think the UKBA need to get much quicker at making decisions, and those who are refused, sent home immediately.

Burns

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Bloody Hell, Lots of nasty Claws out. So nice of you to share some sympathy for the victims in this vicious attack. But then it's no surprise really as it happened in Scotland. If this had happened south of the border you'd be singing from a very different hymm sheet.

I am not amused by the reported claim that the flare up occurred because the residents were dissatisfied with the internet speed and the quality of the food - if they are so unhappy let them go back where they came from
Mike

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:05:14 AM »
I would love to see the whole lot of them go back Mike, and let this country get back to it's old self.