Author Topic: “untenable and unacceptable”  (Read 427 times)

GrannyMac

Re: “untenable and unacceptable”
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:06:47 AM »
I think it may if they made the effort to embrace the Country and Culture they choose to come to. But in a lot less numbers so there's enough homes, places in schools, and Doctor/Hospitals ect AND, people don't feel they're losing their Country to foreigners who try to change everything.

Be proud of the community on Bute, the Syrian refugees living there seem well integrated.  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/24/bute-scotland-syrian-refugees-asylum
'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:07:53 AM »
Hear, hear!
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
Yes I know GM, They did the right thing, and are now accepted members of the Island Community.

Diasi

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:50:43 AM »
Bloody Hell, Lots of nasty Claws out. So nice of you to share some sympathy for the victims in this vicious attack. But then it's no surprise really as it happened in Scotland. If this had happened south of the border you'd be singing from a very different hymm sheet.

The comments would have been no different wherever it had happened in the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened. Jog On.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong as it's only something I've read on the internet

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »
The comments would have been no different wherever it had happened in the UK.
agreed
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Jun 27, 2020, 11:53:26 AM »

Be proud of the community on Bute, the Syrian refugees living there seem well integrated.  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/24/bute-scotland-syrian-refugees-asylum

It's always easy to find the exception that breaks the rule, but it doesn't stop it from being the exception.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »
sadly, as far as I can see, very much the fact
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
sadly, as far as I can see, very much the fact
Mike

I say "well done" to the 24 Syrian families who, no doubt, realise how lucky they are.

I very much doubt that those 24 Syrian families want another 24,000 Syrian families living on Bute.

klondike

« Reply #23 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:21:54 PM »
Please excuse the swear word on the pic. I don't like or use that language.
Hmmm... I think it has less impact without it but if you prefer...

Target. Believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

Raven

« Reply #24 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I wouldn't put it as polite as that, just have replace the F, Word with another.

GrannyMac

« Reply #25 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »
It's always easy to find the exception that breaks the rule, but it doesn't stop it from being the exception.

I agree, but with small enough numbers, and with available housing (a real issue!) It can work.   Too many,  no chance.

Plus these were established families, brought here under a scheme, not entering illegally with who knows what backgrounds!
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020, 12:33:28 PM by GrannyMac »
'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

klondike

« Reply #26 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I wouldn't put it as polite as that, just have replace the F, Word with another.
It wasn't quite as polite as it appears at first glance  ;D

Raven

« Reply #27 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »
I have my Dufas hat on the day. Sorry. :-[

klondike

« Reply #28 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »
I'm glad to hear that  :)

digitalis

« Reply #29 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:53:45 PM »
Our new Bishop of Dover has called for more migrants and/or refugees to be allowed in:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-50465605

The Rt Hon or wotever is safely esconced in a luverly house provided by the CoE and Justin Welby(he of Eton and BP fame). Such luverly dwellings were provided by the white slaves of Kent(my British forefathers)who had to go to their currupt services every Sunday and pay tithes to go there. Our noble establishment church had close connections with the Borstals of Kent(truly awful institutions),and Bernadoes(close connection of sending local lads over to Australia to get sexually abused). Lately the CoE has bin covering up all sortsa sexual goings-on!! Thank you your honors and holiness's.

I digress. The White Cliffs hotel will soon be open to holiday there. Now it houses in its last third of property many refugees or homeless foreign migrants. You may like to join them as they have a baba banquet on sunny afternoons having shopped with the cars Kent County Council is said to have brought them. Kent has the highest number of child refugees in the country. The loud music they have playing as you walk past as you stay might add additional interest to your vacation(alas,I didnt stay in a similar hotel I had booked in Manchester that was full of refugees. Too scared) Anyways,my 'eye in the spy' down there, tells me there are now free railway journeys to be taken down to the south coast from London theseadays as no railways staff can or will check tickets on the trains...and cant police fares for fear of being called out the r word or such. Whilst such 'mayhem' might be seen as taking place, please remember to take a plastic bag with you on any outing,say especially to Whistable or the like. All the toilets are locked there so's you may safely pop in your beag then throw it into someones front garden when you feel the urge.

Is GB going down the drain? Or is this the new normal