Author Topic: This is how free speech now operates  (Read 2073 times)

Ashy

Re: This is how free speech now operates
« Reply #30 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
Yes those were the days, when people in our street spoke the same language as the corner-shopkeeper. Nothing has changed like the people.

xetog

« Reply #31 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »
If I remember rightly, large round 3 pin 15A, small, round 3pin 5A and small round 2 pin 5a (unearthed).  for a while some even mixed these with square,3 pin 13A.  What a mixture.  My dad had a thing about mucking with electricity and blew the board's fuse several times. One time (in my teens by then) I found that he had managed to wire into the live side of the electricity companies main switch!

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

klondike

« Reply #32 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
Yes those were the days, when people in our street spoke the same language as the corner-shopkeeper.
We had an English grocer on the corner of the street in the early 70s Dressed like Arkwright in a brown smock. Nice bloke. Try to tell your grandkids and they don't believe you.

Mike - do you remember the ones for irons that plugged into the light socket?
So long and thanks for all the fish

sparky

« Reply #33 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:09:53 AM »

If I remember rightly, large round 3 pin 15A, small, round 3pin 5A and small round 2 pin 5a (unearthed).  for a while some even mixed these with square,3 pin 13A.  What a mixture.  My dad had a thing about mucking with electricity and blew the board's fuse several times. One time (in my teens by then) I found that he had managed to wire into the live side of the electricity companies main switch!

Correct. and their was also a little used 10amp 2pin, and 2amp 3pin

Ashy

« Reply #34 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:11:54 PM »
I can remember another style of plug from my younger days, it had a large earth pin between the two smaller hot pins. Not widely used outside Essex I think. I remember when I started work we had round and square sockets, round and square plugs, and adaptor cables that someone else was always using.

sparky

« Reply #35 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »
Ashy, Yes I think they were the ones used on LCC council estates, there was no switch, the large earth pin operated an internal switch as the plug was inserted.