Author Topic: Who,s next to step up.  (Read 470 times)

ronyork

Who,s next to step up.
« on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »
Archbishop of Canterbury calling into question the colour of the skin of many of the characters in the bible, and the question of the removal of statues in churches, this just seems to be bringing up more problems, Does Mr and Mrs public really care?...

Alex22

Re: Who,s next to step up.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:15:20 PM »
I care when they're trying to change everything !  He also said if you look around the world Jesus is portrayed as black, Chinese, Arabian, depending where you go.   I imagine Arabian would be the most accurate portrayal, but does it mean that because we are NOW a multi cultural country that we no longer have the right to show Jesus as a white man ?  The whole country is going completely bloody bonkers !

xetog

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
Jesus was (supposedly) a Jew.  Jews are a Semitic race who are, as skin colours go, fair skinned, as were most of his followers.  Or have we got it wrong and the New Testament came from Africa?  The bible does refer to different colours of skin and I would have thought if Jesus were black, at least one of the books would have mentioned it.  I lived in Canterbury for the bulk of my life and am very familiar with the cathedral so it would seem extraordinary to start viewing the major statues as black (except of course the 'Black' Prince, except that he was certainly not black).

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:18:28 PM »
I think that more of our generation should start taking the lead & show the youngsters that we do support the BLM movement.

The problem is that if I decide to go out blacked-up & wearing an Afro wig, will I be seen as showing solidarity or seen as taking the pіss?

Something like this I thought, although I'd still have Caucasian features, which isn't my fault.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020, 05:31:12 PM by Diasi »
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened. Jog On.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong as it's only something I've read on the internet

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
Something like this I thought, although I'd still have Caucasian features, which isn't my fault.
I suspect if you went out blacked up with an Afro you'd soon find at least your Caucasian nose modified.  :)

Target. Believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

ronyork

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:16:47 PM »
B.L.M. movement.W.L.M.  Some of these people seem to have a chip on their ,shoulders, if they have not got,it they want it , does not seem to worry many we have worked for what we have. And when l see immigrants escaping from filth and starvation etc complaining regarding accomadation etc, when they arrive , pushed on by do gooders, well l would not want them next door to me , with their bleating for everything going free, and getting it,. And turning areas into ghetto,s, But nothing will change we are to weak more so on law and order because we do not want to rock the boat, but we must get tough or the boat will sink.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
I care when they're trying to change everything !  He also said if you look around the world Jesus is portrayed as black, Chinese, Arabian, depending where you go.   I imagine Arabian would be the most accurate portrayal, but does it mean that because we are NOW a multi cultural country that we no longer have the right to show Jesus as a white man ?  The whole country is going completely bloody bonkers !

Hang on I was always told that Jesus was a child of mixed ethnic parentage which solves the problem.

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »
I thought... the colour of their skin makes no difference. Doesn't make any difference to me anyway. Is this bishop some sort of a RACIST?
Run your compliments through a mangle to make them flatter.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
I thought... the colour of their skin makes no difference. Doesn't make any difference to me anyway. Is this bishop some sort of a RACIST?

I don't think so.
He is trying to solve the conundrum as to which race or colour does Jesus belong to. Was he Chinese, Indian middle eastern or maybe he was a Maori.
Personally I would be shocked if I went into Canterbury Cathedral and saw that all of the statues had been removed because their likeness to a white westerner was too obvious.

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
B.L.M. movement.W.L.M.  Some of these people seem to have a chip on their ,shoulders, if they have not got,it they want it , does not seem to worry many we have worked for what we have. And when l see immigrants escaping from filth and starvation etc complaining regarding accomadation etc, when they arrive , pushed on by do gooders, well l would not want them next door to me , with their bleating for everything going free, and getting it,. And turning areas into ghetto,s, But nothing will change we are to weak more so on law and order because we do not want to rock the boat, but we must get tough or the boat will sink.

Incidents like this one, the way police treated a respectable father and son just out on a bike ride, may be the reason why some black people feel unfairly treated.  I don't disagree about the behaviour of some asylum seekers and other immigrants.  But my granddaughter is the same age as this boy, I wouldn't be thrilled if the police did that to her when she was just riding her bike with her dad. 
 https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/28/black-teenager-on-family-cycle-ride-injured-during-aggressive-police-arrest
'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
If the suspects had been two white men then they wouldn't have been stopped at all.  I mean how did the police know this was a respectable father and son just out on a bike ride  ?  the assault had just happened !   If the victim had been this man's son he would have been up in arms that the police weren't doing enough to catch the culprit, because black people always think that ' black lives don't matter to the police'   Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
Incidents like this one, the way police treated a respectable father and son just out on a bike ride, may be the reason why some black people feel unfairly treated.  I don't disagree about the behaviour of some asylum seekers and other immigrants.  But my granddaughter is the same age as this boy, I wouldn't be thrilled if the police did that to her when she was just riding her bike with her dad. 
 https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/28/black-teenager-on-family-cycle-ride-injured-during-aggressive-police-arrest

This was a perfectly reasonable arrest done in a reasonable manner.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened. Jog On.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong as it's only something I've read on the internet

David G

« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
Incidents like this one, the way police treated a respectable father and son just out on a bike ride, may be the reason why some black people feel unfairly treated. 
Were the suspects white ?. If so the pair might have a cause for complaint. If the suspects were black I'm sure they'll understand the reason they were stopped.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »
There's ways of stopping them. No need to go OTT as in this instance.  But hey, they're black.  :-\

It's a good job the woman who lives on one of the boats was able to record some of it otherwise it might have been even worse for the boy and his dad.

Burns

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2020, 03:22:55 PM »
Were the suspects white ?. If so the pair might have a cause for complaint. If the suspects were black I'm sure they'll understand the reason they were stopped.

They don't all fit one description 'black' any more than we all fit 'white'.

Burns