Author Topic: RAF flies Corona virus aid to Africa.  (Read 1543 times)

Alex22

RAF flies Corona virus aid to Africa.
« on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:11:58 PM »
This is the best of British – the UK military and UK aid – working together to solve a global problem for the benefit of all of us. No one is safe until we are all safe.  NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said in a statement that the UK is the first NATO ally to come forward with an aid flight , of course we are ,wasn't it always so  ? 

Diasi

Re: RAF Flies Corona Virus Aid To Africa.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »
Yeah, right, the soft-touch UK baling the world out yet again.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

Re: RAF flies Corona virus aid to Africa.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »
Typical snowflake Britain.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:00:06 PM »
This is the best of British – the UK military and UK aid – working together to solve a global problem for the benefit of all of us. No one is safe until we are all safe.  NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said in a statement that the UK is the first NATO ally to come forward with an aid flight , of course we are ,wasn't it always so  ?

Alex..You could've written UK finds a way to end child poverty and it would've met the same mean-minded reception from some.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »

Alex..You could've written UK finds a way to end child poverty and it would've met the same mean-minded reception from some.

What a fine example of virtue-signalling that I mentioned in another post.

I'll cross reference it.

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,24676.msg478748/topicseen.html#msg478748
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »
I wonder how much of that aid will end up in the hands of corrupt warlords and local officials in bongobongoland. In the meantime there are families in this country having to use food banks. Its not mean minded to look after your own first.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
Where is this Bongobongoland? I've tried Google maps but it didn't know either. I hope the RAF pilot does or is it near India as I'm sure you mentioned that your Indian neighbour came from there a while back.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »

Those weren't my words Zoony, I should have added a link, Africa News I think it was.  The last Nato General part was mine. :) I'll have to dream up a smiley face for when my sarcasm escapes.

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Those weren't my words Zoony, I should have added a link, Africa News I think it was.  The last Nato General part was mine. :) I'll have to dream up a smiley face for when my sarcasm escapes.

Yeah..Might be an idea.

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »

Isn't this part of the British culture we all want to keep? Looking after the underdog, helping those less fortunate, etc?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:08:25 PM »
Judging by the responses I suspect not. This lack of compassion is a direct result of mass and illegal immigration imo

So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »

Isn't this part of the British culture we all want to keep? Looking after the underdog, helping those less fortunate, etc?

That's what I thought Mac but not only was I being gullible (told you so ;D ) but signalling my own virtue to boot..

cowboy wisdom.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »

It was not long ago that we were running short on PPE. Then we bought £millions of it with more £millions being donated by us. So now we send breathing machines and PPE to Africa? What happens if we have a spike of the virus back here in the UK?
I suppose the transport aircraft will be flying back empty? Would it not be possible to offer free seats to anybody that would want to come to the UK to claim asylum? Just an idea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:54:24 PM »

That's what I thought Mac but not only was I being gullible (told you so ;D ) but signalling my own virtue to boot..

I'd just been thinking of the kindness shown on a small scale by people in stella's area baking cakes for asylum seekers, but I suppose they're snowflakes who are also virtue signalling.   I take klondike's point re mass and illegal immigration colouring views.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »

It used to be for most people GM, but over the last few years so many have seen the hand that feeds bitten off.