Author Topic: RAF flies Corona virus aid to Africa.  (Read 1568 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: RAF flies Corona virus aid to Africa.
« Reply #30 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:59:34 AM »
Just about my own sentiments
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #31 on: Jun 28, 2020, 08:02:23 AM »
Sparky has hit the nail on the head. Because we are still running a huge budget deficit,  Foreign Aid has to be borrowed. It should be given by public subscription - charity. Virtue at someone else's expense is hardly a virtue.

klondike

« Reply #32 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:45:39 AM »
If the two who murdered and injured people this week hadn't come to the UK those men would still be alive, the police officer and numerous other people wouldn't be injured.
And if the, unfortunately many, others who tie up and sometimes outsmart our security services hadn't either then a lot of the legitimacy would be taken from the now widespread opposition to taking ANY asylum seekers.
So long and thanks for all the fish

sparky

« Reply #33 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:46:14 AM »
How can ANY of them claim to be genuine  asylum seekers, when they have traveled through several other countries where they could and should have claimed asylum, before arriving in the UK, that fact alone should give grounds for entry refusal and immediate deportation.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
Agreed

biglouis

« Reply #35 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »
I agree with Diasi and Sparky on this 100%. Each country needs to sort out its own problems after the pandemic.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

old rocker

« Reply #36 on: Jun 28, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »
Problem there is ,unless sorted out globally there wont be an after the pandemic
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't Know then

David G

« Reply #37 on: Jun 28, 2020, 11:07:29 AM »
I agree with Diasi and Sparky on this 100%. Each country needs to sort out its own problems after the pandemic.

So do I. The sole intention of these illegals is by hook or by crook to get to the UK and ONLY the UK by whatever means it takes. To me none of them have any right to be here.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

David G

« Reply #38 on: Jun 28, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »

Isn't this part of the British culture we all want to keep? Looking after the underdog, helping those less fortunate, etc?
We don't have any choice in the matter the Government just do as they please.
If there was a vote on it I'd vote against it so my answer to your question is NO.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Raven

« Reply #39 on: Jun 28, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »
Given that we have a massive housing crisis for people who were born in this country and have paid taxes here all their lives we are right to make it difficult for those who were not born here and have made no contribution to the community. They should stay in their own countries and work or fight for better conditions,

I totally agree it's exactly my thoughts. But I suppose they think it will just be easier to come here and scream about their human rights untill they get what they want.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #40 on: Jun 28, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
that's how it strikes me as well
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Jun 28, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »
Isn't this part of the British culture we all want to keep? Looking after the underdog, helping those less fortunate, etc?

The most important part of British culture I want to keep, is  remembering charity begins at  home. So before we use taxpayers money to fund projects from all around the world. look after the needy in the UK, and if all these do gooders still  feel the need to spend money helping other far away countries, let them put their money where their mouths are, and fund the projects with their own donations.

I agree 100%.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #42 on: Jun 28, 2020, 02:04:01 PM »
I'v just read that the UK is one of only 5 countries to give the target 0.7% of GDP to foreign aid.  Lets hope Boris sees sense and reduces it to the levels of France, or even better, the USA. 

Interesting graph near the bottom shows the % from other western countries, most lower than UK. https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais