Author Topic: Jacqueline  (Read 2008 times)

Alex22

Jacqueline
« on: Jun 28, 2020, 05:05:41 PM »
Anyone know where Jacqueline is ?    she's usually quite chatty so is noticeable by her absence.  Hope everything is ok with her, I know she and her hubby both have health problems.

granny moss

Re: Jacqueline
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »
I sometimes notice some members are missing. gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2020, 06:03:33 PM »
Hopefully she's just taking a break. Fingers x.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »
Profile shows active today - just not chatty. I have been giving a lot of the recent topics a miss myself.

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=7282
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »
Me too. Normally I like to stick my two pen'orth into any threads that come along but lately is been hard to give a hoot..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

David G

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:19:46 PM »
I honestly don't understand the problem. Nobody has to read and / or reply to any post. I've never joined in the word games because I find them pointless but it doesn't bother me if other members do or don't., but that's just me.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »
I honestly don't understand the problem. Nobody has to read and / or reply to any post. I've never joined in the word games because I find them pointless but it doesn't bother me if other members do or don't., but that's just me.
Given the age profile of members it is understandable that if someone normally posting quite a bit stops, one is left wondering....
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

David G

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:01:49 PM »
My point is every member can read or reply to what they want or just ignore it, take a break for as long as they want or just leave without explanation if they wish. If they are deceased they won't be replying to any enquiries as to where they are.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:02:19 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm still here,

Just been taking a bit of time out after a bit of unpleasantness and differences of opinion last week, I don't go in for name calling just because you disagree, so thought it better to take a break an ignore them. 

I've hurt my damned leg again too, last July I pulled a ligament just stepping off the bus, how could anyone do that?  I just dont know how I managed it this time but I'm back to square one, very annoyed with myself it took months to heal last time.  Back to the walking stick, I look just like my grandma!

All the doom and gloom around, and still on lockdown and shielding here in Wales.  I email my friend in Gloucester most days but I'm running out of conversation as I don't do anything.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
Good to see you Jacq but I have to be honest and say that I hadn't noticed your absence though I agree wholeheartedly about the unpleasantness on here recently.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
Sorry you've hurt you leg, damn sore these silly accidents. About 10 years ago one of my sisters stepped off the pavement to cross the road, she did something similar to what you've done and was in hospital for 3 weeks. Then like yourself she was on sticks for ages, she was also in a foul temper most of the time she was laid up.

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:09:48 PM »
Good to see you Jacq but I have to be honest and say that I hadn't noticed your absence though I agree wholeheartedly about the unpleasantness on here recently.

Agreed, especially as it's driven Crabby away.  >:(  But at least we still talk on Facebook, though it's not the same.

David G

« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:13:32 PM »
On this forum there are wind up merchants, people I'll never agree with in a million years and people who should have to tick an I'm not a robot box before their post appears on here. Does it bother me ? not in the least, I must be a very tolerant person.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:16:16 PM »
Maddening how easily silly things happen. When the campervan was parked in the yard I had an outside step up to it. Out in it, stopped,opened door, not concentrating - stepped onto step that wasn't there so went down two feet instead of about 10 inched - hernia! Great fun!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:35:38 PM »

Agreed, especially as it's driven Crabby away.  >:(  But at least we still talk on Facebook, though it's not the same.

He's a definite loss.  Sorry you've hurt your leg Jac. We have to be so careful, easy to forget we're not sixty any more.... ☺️

PS whatever is posted here is never worth getting upset over. It'd be boring if we all thought the same. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais