Author Topic: Jacqueline  (Read 2007 times)

zoony

Re: Jacqueline
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:36:45 PM »

Agreed, especially as it's driven Crabby away.  >:(  But at least we still talk on Facebook, though it's not the same.

So he talks to you on there but not to us on here..I don't know if I'm hurt or relieved.. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:40:56 PM »
I'm just disappointed, apart from both of us knowing Donny quite well, Crabby and I sometimes agreed.  I'm often short on people to agree with, as you well know z.  😉
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:46:26 PM »
 ;D Ho yus..But we're still here, like Silver and Scout, not much choice.. ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »

PS whatever is posted here is never worth getting upset over. It'd be boring if we all thought the same.

Totally agree with you there GM or if things get a bit 'touchy' on a topic I stop posting and put my tuppence in somewhere else. There's always an option.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:09:42 AM »
 :-[ :-[  You should always be careful where you put your tuppence.

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:48:29 AM »
At this age I just throw caution to the wind Zoony.  :)

Bee

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:20:25 AM »
OK folks confession time, I believe in Jacqueline's first paragraph she may have been referring to a difference of opinion between ourselves.

This is the thread where it happened......

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,24598.15.html

Please read posts 15 and 22 but most importantly please read post no.26.

I like many others on here just now  find it difficult to post on any threads so these days I read more than post but reading the Jacqueline thread I thought I should put the record straight.
The only way is up....

Raven

« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:57:09 PM »

So he talks to you on there but not to us on here..I don't know if I'm hurt or relieved.. ;)

:P :-* ;D ;D ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #23 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »

I wish to confess too..

I feel that I , without malice, have sometimes let my fingers control my brain..
It is usually on a Monday after a boring weekend..
 I look down the list of topics and when my eye spots something that I know will get my back up I think  'Get in there girl'.. and then I find it hard to get out.. I tap, tap away and before long there are whole sentences going on.. and sometimes I don't even check what I have written. .. and when I read it back It makes little sense.. but I press POST and hey ho! .. It's gone..
 I rest my brain up for a couple of days and stay away from the site.. I dare not look in for fear of being sent to Coventry.. When It's time to post again I am relieved yet disappointed to notice that I have been completely ignored.

Oh well!  I'll try again next Monday..  ;)

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ashy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:05:07 PM »
Nexr

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
OK folks confession time
That was one of the threads I decided to give a miss before the spat. I think I made the right choice.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #26 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
OK folks confession time, I believe in Jacqueline's first paragraph she may have been referring to a difference of opinion between ourselves.

This is the thread where it happened......

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,24598.15.html

Please read posts 15 and 22 but most importantly please read post no.26.

I like many others on here just now  find it difficult to post on any threads so these days I read more than post but reading the Jacqueline thread I thought I should put the record straight.

I didn't want to name names and get into personal stuff again.  I just wanted to back out quietly before things got any more nasty, not that I couldn't stand my ground but you and I would never agree if we argued until doomsday.

I don't think that I am superior to any other race , I couldn't care less if another race was superior to me, maybe the Chinese are they seem clever people, I just want to feel I belong in my country which these days I defiantly don't, I feel like I'm being edged out slowly but surely, obviously that's my perception of the way things are others think its all wonderful and are very happy with modern Britain.  If anyone wants to call me a racist, its their opinion of me, sticks and stones and all that.

You have strong views so do I.  Truce?  I really don't go out of my way to upset anybody.

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

Jacqueline .. Asking for a ‘truce’... Well done.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:38:25 PM »
We have quite a range of views here, we're individuals who have been shaped by our own experiences of life and the people we are close to.  It'd be strange if there was never any bickering. 😊
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:44:25 PM »
A nice bit of ‘bickering ‘ with a coffee... ;D ;D