Author Topic: Voyeurs into Poverty and Misfortune  (Read 99 times)

digitalis

Voyeurs into Poverty and Misfortune
« on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:48:28 AM »
Is it just me or am I seeing and hearing things I dont like. I admit to having several chips on my shoulder,but dont want to add more.

T'other day tuned in and was given some rant by some embittered journo. I wondered if it was a big-up for him to take click-bait to earn bucks,so I was about to by pass the unpleasant bile. Still,I stayed long enough to hear him spew hate against Jeremy Vine. Whilst not a fan of JV, I did hear the journo out and was soon converted by his bile. What irked the journo or promoted his poison was where JV oiled himself into some callers plight therein to milk and pick flesh off of the callers suffering under the guise of being a sympathetic host whilst really he was banking his 500,000 pa salary and titallating his audience by undressing the callers woes. Have I got this wrong here. I've heard that Winfred Robinson do the same on R4. The inflection of her voice with the personal grooming questions makes me question her motives. Its like Jimmy Saville abuse but done with audio visual abuse.
I wonder if any here think the same.
If and when I went to the doctors I might expect to get undress and be examined ALONE. But not psychologically undressed and shown naked nationwide.
I know some undress and show all on other tv channels,but that seems to be of their choosing. This radio stuff seems much more covert and voyeuristic. Creepy. Still,I guess the radio hosts disguising theselves as 'therapists' or 'kind journos' get their rocks off on high pay packets,I guess.

Strange and unsettling times   

Ashy

Re: Voyeurs into Poverty and Misfortune
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:04:38 AM »
No idea what you are referring to but radio journalists and presenters have one attribute in common, they can keep talking when there is nothing to say.
Run your compliments through a mangle to make them flatter.

xetog

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »
I only listen to the Radio in the car and that has not happened lately, but i have always assumed that people who call in to radio shows want to air their linen in public.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:25:26 AM »
I have, by accident, seen the odd 30 second snatch of JV whilst channel hopping - and even that was enough to put me right off the man. What my generation of schoolboys would have christened a creep
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »
I don't mind JV. He tries to get a balance IMO.  Like xetog I believe some people love airing their views.
'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »

Michael Ball phoned a dear old lady on his Sunday morning show to surprise her and wish her a happy 101/102 birthday..

She was, indeed, a wonderful lady and so down to earth..
 At one stage she asked  'Who are you' ?   and at the end of the conversation her lovely voice could be heard  'I said he would be nice'.. Referring to Michael Ball..

I think Michael Ball is as genuine as any presenter can be..
  but everything is staged..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]