Author Topic: crazy, crazy, crazy  (Read 4196 times)

Ashy

Re: crazy, crazy, crazy
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
I bought a coat in Primark in Kings Lynn a long time ago because I had gone there without one and it was colder there than I had anticipated.

Sheila

« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:16:15 PM »
I put a pair of last summer's trousers on.  Not a good sight.  They had shrunk in the wardrobe.

Jacqueline

« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »
I put a pair of last summer's trousers on.  Not a good sight.  They had shrunk in the wardrobe.

Is that what happens?  well mystery solved now, will have to buy a new wardrobe then my clothes will be OK.  Like we were saying on a much earlier post about the malfunctioning bathroom scales!!

Talking of Primark, the slim young girls I worked with had lovely clothes brought from there, not really for older women especially if your size 18.

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »
Magic things wardrobes. Stuff shrinks and stuff bought "ages ago" seems to be identical to current dress styles and with no signs of wear
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
My daughter buys lots from Primark for my granddaughter. Leggings, shorts and teeshirts are her preferred clothes, they are extremely cheap.

Jack right though, not much good for the larger lady.  :D
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »

I’m obviously meant to be a cheap store shopper!  No class me! (I’ll say it before Scrumpy does)

No class me!  ( I'll say it before Scrumpy does)..

:-X :-X :-X Your secret is safe with me..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2020, 02:58:34 PM »
I only buy my socks from Primark.

granny moss

« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:15:50 PM »
When out shopping one day...I suddenly got chilly...I was near Primark...got in there, bought a cardigan and put it right on...I still got it and good to wear....I went back and bought 6 very pretty nightgowns, 100% cotton towels, embroidered, A white 100% cotton white Terry towelling shower gown,for ten pounds !!!
2 warm sets of pyjamas...and 100% cotton pillowcases and a duvet cover set....If one looks carefully, bargains are available.....I still shop at M&S, but have had some disappointments, lately.  PS. I would never get up at 5am to wait outside a shop, not even  Harrods.... ::) 8) gmx

ronyork

« Reply #23 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:50:39 PM »
Are these cheap  goods etc, being produced by cheap labour ,many  with none white skin being exploted by the western world, where is the black skin matters gang ,(who shout when it suits); when reading or viewing the news ,which l am doing less off my world is becoming a world dictated by yobs and gangs , and drugs  not a lot of hope for youngsters growing up today,  can we have a go down on the knee for white folk, not likely, (why not) will the police act against these yobs some aged 12/14 without fear of being call racists and worse,many years ago a favourite toy was a golliwog not available today, I can buy a white doll ,why , our culture being changed by bully boy tactics,

Ashy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »
I think most of their rags come from India and China and they don't ask too many questions. It baffles me how some of the things in our shops have been made, and transported five or six thousand miles. and they are sold cheaper than we can make them. Like I said a yard of elastic costs more than their pants.

biglouis

« Reply #25 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:59:26 PM »
I have never bought anything in Primark. I went in once or twice while I was shopping in Manchester but the checkout queues put me off.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #26 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:13:04 PM »
Are these cheap  goods etc, being produced by cheap labour ,many  with none white skin being exploted by the western world
If they weren't being exploited by the western world they'd still be being exploited by their own leaders and worse off too.

klondike

« Reply #27 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »
I have never bought anything in Primark. I went in once or twice while I was shopping in Manchester but the checkout queues put me off.
Those queuse are long for a very good reason. There are also lots of checkout operators who go through them like a dose of salts. You won't be seeing Primark on the list of failing High Street businesses any time soon.

Raven

« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
I've never been in a Primark either, but I expect if my kids were still wee, and growing like weeds then I'd be getting quite a bit of stuff in there.

granny moss

« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2020, 07:05:07 PM »
Nearly all of the goods we buy are made in Shri Lanca, china Korea, Portugal, etc etc. It is very difficult to find items made in Britain. M&S seem to use Shri Lanca a lot. Shoes are mostly made abroad...I bought a lot of my shoes in Italy, and some are hardly used. They will go to charity shops....Norwichhad many shoe factories, but nearly all gone, now. Such a waste of good skills. What went wrong ? Greed, I think, or other forces we do not know,caused the demise of so many wonderful crafts. It is all so sad. gmx