Author Topic: crazy, crazy, crazy  (Read 4205 times)

Sheila

Re: crazy, crazy, crazy
« Reply #45 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:07:09 AM »
I used to swear by Hotter and could rely on a 6 1/2 fitting me perfectly.  Then they changed the sizes and they are no good to me any more.  I have a pair of their slippers which are most uncomfortable and I feel unsafe in them as they sort of twist over.  My 'antique' pair of Hotter slippers were great.

I am in a charity knitting group and one of the ladies posted a photo of her knitting and in the background were her really comfortable looking slippers.  I asked her where she got them from and it was Tesco.  Several other ladies admired the slippers too so there'll be a rush to Tesco when we are allowed out.

GrannyMac

« Reply #46 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:14:58 AM »
Skechers slip ons are great for casual wear, so comfortable. I have a pair of Hotter shoes, but they look better than they feel. I believe Bon Marche went bust earlier this year, which is a shame, but the big supermarkets have some good buys. I bought a couple of sweaters from Sainsburys, and my OH got a brushed cotton shirt, lovely and warm, and much cheaper than the ones he usually buys from M&S. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Sheila

« Reply #47 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Skechers slip ons are great for casual wear, so comfortable. I have a pair of Hotter shoes, but they look better than they feel. I believe Bon Marche went bust earlier this year, which is a shame, but the big supermarkets have some good buys. I bought a couple of sweaters from Sainsburys, and my OH got a brushed cotton shirt, lovely and warm, and much cheaper than the ones he usually buys from M&S.

I agree Skechers are very comfortable so I'll look for their slip ons.  I think you can shop at Bon Marche online.

Years ago I used to volunteer in a charity shop.  One day I spotted a Tui fleece which seemed really good quality.  I still wear it frequently and like it as it is shaped rather than loose and I'm under the illusion that it makes me look slimmer.

GrannyMac

« Reply #48 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:27:03 AM »
I got some at Cheshire Oaks Sheila, there's a Skechers outlet. I use my oldest pair in the garden, then chuck them in the washing machine.  😀

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #49 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:48:57 AM »
Me too. I have a pair of their slippers, nearer a light weight shoe than a traditional slipper. Present from Veronica about seven years ago. Wear nothing else on my feet indoors and perfectly happy going out with the bins, or going into the garage, etc in them. Worn every day and almost all day and still as good as new
Mike

That is good to hear Mike.....whether casual shoes or smarter shoes for going out in I would never buy any other make but Hotters, I have never yet had a problem with them and have been buying them for years.
The only way is up....

Sheila

« Reply #50 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:51:23 AM »
I got some at Cheshire Oaks Sheila, there's a Skechers outlet. I use my oldest pair in the garden, then chuck them in the washing machine.  😀

You've just cost me £50 GrannyMac.  I've ordered some Skechers from Amazon because I'm not supposed to go out and haven't been into a shop for over three months.

We have bought shoes from Cheshire Oaks but it is a dreadful shop - hardly any room to move and American sizes.  The size I want is often high up and out of reach.  If you can find a member of staff, they are very helpful but we usually become impatient and go to Clarks a bit further down.  I remember sitting on the seat outside Skechers having a chat with a lovely lady while our husbands were braving the crowds inside the shop.  We got on really well and probably should have gone for a coffee and left the men to it.

GrannyMac

« Reply #51 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:44:25 AM »
Keeping the economy going Sheila.  ;D    I currently have three pairs in decent nick, so hanging on to my cash for now!   I know what you mean about that outlet, I've only been a couple of times, with my son and his family. 

R. Gervais

stellamaris

« Reply #52 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:14:40 PM »
Bon Marche is still going. In some places anyway. They are now owned by the company that owns Peacock and others.  Some shops are still closed from the Lockdown - and I don't know if they will open again.  They used to have some good T shirts, which look better than an ordinary T shirt and keep their shape.  I used to buy mine there when BHS closed down. They last for years.  I bought a good top in Morrisons the other day. Cotton, viscose, elastine I think.  Really nice, a bit different, can be worn casual or not so casual. I was surprised and will look properly at some time.  I am desperately trying not to buy ad hoc clothes - at least not until I take the labels of some that are hanging in the wardrobe which were planned for this summer!!!
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

stellamaris

« Reply #53 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:22:23 PM »
I used to swear by Hotter and could rely on a 6 1/2 fitting me perfectly.  Then they changed the sizes and they are no good to me any more.  I have a pair of their slippers which are most uncomfortable and I feel unsafe in them as they sort of twist over.  My 'antique' pair of Hotter slippers were great.

I am in a charity knitting group and one of the ladies posted a photo of her knitting and in the background were her really comfortable looking slippers.  I asked her where she got them from and it was Tesco.  Several other ladies admired the slippers too so there'll be a rush to Tesco when we are allowed out.

I sympathise with you re. Hotter.  I often go in and try on loads of shoes, but they never fit me - I feel like one of the ugly sisters trying against hope that I can find just one pair to fit.  They have some really attractive shoes.  Did you try a half size up?  Yes, you probably did.  I want to try Moda in Pele, they look really nice and they have a shop in Chester, which is in your neck of the woods I believe.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Alex22

« Reply #54 on: Jun 30, 2020, 03:23:15 PM »
The comfiest shoes I've bought since I hung up my stilettos were Rieker, has anyone tried them ? 

https://www.rieker.co.uk/

ronyork

« Reply #55 on: Jun 30, 2020, 03:44:49 PM »
All my shoes are Rieker , plus sandals, but since having a toe removed six weeks ago having problems walking distance, hopefully this will change ,

ronyork

« Reply #56 on: Jun 30, 2020, 03:48:39 PM »
Many years ago we only had two pairs of shoes every day and best! All our shoes came via the co-op mum got the di,vi

which was drawn at Xmas

Scrumpy

« Reply #57 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »
Rieker.. The softest and most comfortable ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

em

« Reply #58 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:43:09 PM »
I love Rieker,but I only have their sandals.

mick607

« Reply #59 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »
All my shoes are charity shop label.