Author Topic: Old masters  (Read 485 times)

xetog

Old masters
« on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:09:41 AM »
I see that the term master is the latest in the line of racist words to be erased from the English language, as in old masters referring to paintings and works of art in museums.  The term when used in connection to a skill has nothing to do with a master/slave relationship, but rather a recognition that someone (male unfortunately) has risen to the top of their profession by mastering their art.  This also applies to grand masters in chess, not because they have mastered others, but because they have mastered chess.  Master builders are called such because they are the best at what they do, usually by working long and hard at their art or craft.

English is a great language in which to speak or write and is probably the most descriptive language on earth with the help of a bit of pillaging from other languages, but it does have a lot of words with multiple meanings, so the ignorant practitioners of woke often intentionally mistake the intent of a particular word in an attempt to browbeat us.  Let us hope they fail on this occasion.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

Re: Old masters
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:12:05 PM »
Oh for pity's sake what BLOODY next!!!???
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »
God will intervene.

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
If it carries on it may finally push the silent majority into becoming the bloody vocal majority. I doubt it though. We may as well make kick me notices and put them on our backs.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »
I don't think I will do that.
Might get my wife to though, so I can take advantage of it.

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
You don't need to. They'll do it figuratively at least anyway. Your values will be devalued faster than a Zimbabwe dollar.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
I wonder what would happen if the Government, and the people who are the true Brits, just all said NO, and meant it.

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »
NO

AND I MEAN IT.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »
I'd guess that the chances of this current woke attack on society being stopped by the government at slightly less than somebody inventing room temperature fusion next week and faster than light travel the week after.

In all probability it will run its course and peter out of its own accord imo.

xetog

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:01:45 PM »
I have no intention of complying either, but if it meant my job then? The snowflakes, anarchists, Marxists, woke(ists), you name it, are in control of everything of influence, so if you value your job, toe the line!

Mike.X

PS. Klondike, just seen your post.  What makes you think that it will end?

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »
There must surely be some limit to lunacy but possibly not.

xetog

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2020, 01:33:57 PM »
If it had not been for Corbin's incompetence, they could well have won the last election and the creeping progress of anarchy would by now be mainstream, but it has been with us since Marx and will never go away.  Momentum/woke/BLM is fundamentally the same organisation and all the while we feed them gillible snowflakes the will continue to thrive and grow.

Mike.X

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2020, 02:57:22 PM »
If it had not been for Corbin's incompetence, they could well have won the last election and the creeping progress of anarchy would by now be mainstream, but it has been with us since Marx and will never go away.  Momentum/woke/BLM is fundamentally the same organisation and all the while we feed them gillible snowflakes the will continue to thrive and grow.
Mike.X
I have to dissagree with you. Brexit won the last election & nothing else. The mass voted Tory for that reason.No Labour leader had a cat in hells chance of winning a majority while the people wanted Brexit done.

Ashy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
It certainly would have been closer if Mr Corbyn had stated categorically that they were in favour of leaving the e.u. but they were  leavers, so he kept it as vague as possible.