Author Topic: Hello again...  (Read 451 times)

Traveller

Hello again...
« on: Jun 29, 2020, 07:56:33 PM »
Just thought I'd drop by and say 'Hello'.  Hope you are all well and have avoided the dreaded virus.  Things have been quiet here and we've been able to carry on most day to day things as usual.  Unfortunately we had to give up all hopes of holidays, theatre etc.. but hopefully we'll start  to get away after the summer hols.

At least, we managed to get a lot done to the garden and it looks like we will get a good crop of fruit and vegies this year.  some consolation, I suppose.

Stay safe everyone. 
You'll have had your tea.

Alex22

Re: Hello again...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:10:39 PM »
Hello Traveller, welcome back.  Things carried on as normal here, apart from the sad news that Bazzer Pontefract passed away recently.  Walter decided enough was enough as did Crabby,  but the rest of us are hanging in there.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:06:04 PM »
welcome back, Traveller
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:35:52 PM »
You got a mention as missing not so long back Traveller.  Glad you're ok.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 03:48:42 AM »
Hello Traveller, good to see you posting. ;D
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »

Good to hear that you are all safe..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
Hi Traveller, I just mentioned you this morning as I have been rereading the advice you gave me about Scotland.

Traveller

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2020, 10:49:06 AM »
Thanks everyone.   Sorry to hear about BP. 

It's been strange here.  Living in this small village,it's easy (and foolish) to think you're immune from the virus or anything else, but this area does seem to have been largely unaffected.  So, you work in the garden and look at the campervan sitting there and wonder why you're not off somewhere and then you look at the year planner and wipe off all the theatre visits that you booked.    Ah well, there's always next year to look forward to.

Our daughters down south are getting by and still working at home.  Elder girl is a senior lecturer and is giving her lectures on-line from her apartment. She's worried about her job as the university student numbers are very uncertain for next year - but if they lose staff, then they can't offer the courses for future years!  Our younger girl works in risk assessment for a large insurance company and she's working from home too.  Her OH is furloughed but,  somewhat ironically, is  a director in a company that provides occupational health screening. 

Sitting at home today looking at the rain.  Still, the garden needs it.  Mrs T's car developed a fault and is in for repairs - fortunately under warranty.  We were given a brand new courtesy car which we had for two hours before the garage called and apologised because they had given us a car they had sold to a customer.  We didn't mind as we didn't like it - too much technology that  fought you all all the way on country roads.  Anyway, we got another new car which is nice to drive, but almost as big as my camper!
You'll have had your tea.