Author Topic: what i like about this forum,  (Read 5614 times)

Alfred

what i like about this forum,
« on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »
first of all the friendly attitude and the wide and variation of many posts, the experiences that many of us including myself  have had on our journey from childhood to adolescence, and of course the numerous people weve met along the way,

Q; what do you like about this  forum, and will you tell us about it,.

granny moss

Re: what i like about this forum,
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:13:20 AM »
There are so many lovely persons in here.  The few grumpy ones, can be ignored. I simply pass them by and wonder that they may be grumpy because they have good reasons to be like it.  If one is contented, how can one be miserable ? Or sarcastic ? I try to avoid useless confrontations, and keep to my thoughts  and consider the different opinions, valid or not....But again, that is only my opinion and by the essential nature, it must be different from the opinions of others... ;) It is a good place to come to when feeling lonely....gmx

firenze

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:22:50 AM »
GrannyMoss... You use the forum as a friend as I do, oldie single ladies are many and sometimes need to know there are others on the planet.  When active participation is no more it is a good place to listen to others.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »

I like the variety of people.. even the grumpy ones..

I enjoy the humour.. Politics !!.. I understand little..
I find it amusing and interesting how threads can become twisted by the reader..
 How quickly discussions on one subject can result into a heated discussion on a subject completely different.
 Newcomers pop in and within a moment they are gone. Without any explanation.
 I really enjoy the guessing game as to who a person really is .. and were they past members reincarnated..
Then there is the familiarity .. The caring about members when they are having a rough ride..   
I mustn't forget the envy when a member is on bigga bucks then oneself.. ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
It's a lifeline, especially at the moment. All being well, with the slight easing of restrictions, my b-i-l will pop in tomorrow for the first time in 15 weeks. It means that I will actually be able to talk to a family member face to face. Telephones are better than nothing, but nothing can even compare, let along beat, face to face contact. When I am on here, the house doesn't feel quite so empty
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:25:04 PM »
firenze, if you are still there - how is your fig tree?  Ours is not doing very well.  Last year very strong winds blew the figs off and this year we haven't got any so far.

Alfred, you sound like a gentleman and are very good at starting topics.
Scrumpy makes me laugh and I bet she would be good company.

When the testosterone flies I disappear for a while.

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »
Its something to do as a break from business. And I love a good argument
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
Its something to do as a break from business. And I love a good argument

I don't I hate arguments.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
I usually won't join one but equally won't shy away from one should somebody not like something I've said.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »
I usually won't join one but equally won't shy away from one should somebody not like something I've said.
Now who would dare?
Mike 🙂
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

stellamaris

« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:42:12 PM »
It is head and shoulders above some, a lot, of other forums.   I like it better when there is no-one suggesting that some will be getting a knock on the door from the thought police.  And those who vehemently criticise the person rather than what is written in the post. And when they  tell everyone not to shout if they dare post in capitals.  It is so boring They of course have as much right to post as anyone else, but I like it much better when they don't.  Otherwise I like what Scrumpy said. Good jokes and banter - a bit like being in work but at a slow,   s-l-o-w,   s--l--o--w    pace.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:53:41 PM »
I like that I can pop in and out as and when, we don't all keep the same time.  Some interesting topics, some fun, some really useful information, some flights of fancy - trying to work out if some people are real or just legends of their own creation.  ;)

I'm sometimes sad/disappointed? when posters disappear, Beannie I think most of us long term posters loved, for her originality and goodness of spirit.  And Crabby should come back if only occasionally. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
It is head and shoulders above some, a lot, of other forums.   I like it better when there is no-one suggesting that some will be getting a knock on the door from the thought police.  And those who vehemently criticise the person rather than what is written in the post. And when they  tell everyone not to shout if they dare post in capitals.  It is so boring They of course have as much right to post as anyone else, but I like it much better when they don't.  Otherwise I like what Scrumpy said. Good jokes and banter - a bit like being in work but at a slow,   s-l-o-w,   s--l--o--w    pace.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm still a member of another forum, a massive one with a very nasty clique who dominate the serious discussion threads. They've been the cause of a lot of fights on there and they will rip you to shreds for the slightest thing if you dare to disagree with them. I now only go on and post in the Scottish Section and have a giggle/moan with the ones on there.
I won't say anymore as I know there's a couple of them come on here too.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »
I don't know any other forums apart from a local one.  Am I missing out... ;)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2020, 02:30:12 PM »
I don't know any other forums apart from a local one.  Am I missing out... ;)

https://www.over50sforum.com/