Author Topic: Nobody wants to pay their way.  (Read 1774 times)

brian54

Nobody wants to pay their way.
« on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:27:42 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/pub-owners-say-tax-reductions-are-needed-to-keep-industry-afloat/ar-BB16kTOp?li=BBoPWjQ

Every business person I know is saying they need tax reductions. I am just wondering who will pay tax in the end for the services.

Ashy

Re: Nobody wants to pay their way.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2020, 07:01:20 PM »
What this country needs is a return to manufacturing. I suppose brewing comes under that heading.

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »
This country needs to get rid of the scroungers. I have a relative who has hardly ever worked and is always complaining he is short of money and the rest of the family should share their money / pensions with him. He has been on a cruise at least once a year and lives in a council house.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
This country needs to get rid of the scroungers. I have a relative who has hardly ever worked and is always complaining he is short of money and the rest of the family should share their money / pensions with him. He has been on a cruise at least once a year and lives in a council house.

How do you know that he has never worked?

Maybe he is working and not telling the DWP or HMRC.

I hear the same story at least once a month. Locally we have a very enterprising young couple. He refuses to work and his wife is a hair dresser. She owns three salons and only earns in total just over MNW. How so? She only takes cash (the card machine has been out of order for at leat 11 years that I know of. She is very careful with her stock purchases to make sure that what she buys in matches the poor trade she suffers. The rest of the stock is not recorded so any sales using that stock is never recorded.
They own three houses, two Range Rovers and spend a lot of time abroad. The downside is that the huge amount of non recorded cash she earns cannot be banked. She admits that sometimes it is extremely hard to get rid of the excess cash which is held at home.

mick607

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »

How do you know that he has never worked?

Maybe he is working and not telling the DWP or HMRC.

I hear the same story at least once a month. Locally we have a very enterprising young couple. He refuses to work and his wife is a hair dresser. She owns three salons and only earns in total just over MNW. How so? She only takes cash (the card machine has been out of order for at leat 11 years that I know of. She is very careful with her stock purchases to make sure that what she buys in matches the poor trade she suffers. The rest of the stock is not recorded so any sales using that stock is never recorded.
They own three houses, two Range Rovers and spend a lot of time abroad. The downside is that the huge amount of non recorded cash she earns cannot be banked. She admits that sometimes it is extremely hard to get rid of the excess cash which is held at home.

stellamaris

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
and lives in a council house.

Was his old man a dustman?   

Groan - it was floating in the air - someone had to say it.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:35:58 PM »
She should get herself a good tax accountant rather than telling her neighbours her business. A clever accountant can make it look like the most successful business has made little or no profit on which to pay tax.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »

I deny it was "floating in the air"..If he'd said 'flat' I could understand it, but he didn't. It's you're over-active mind girl..Just don't mess with Lonnie's legacy...(I might've but you saw it first so...) ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »
Oh Gawd yes.  It's all coming back to me.  He lived in a council flat - he had to, otherwise he couldn't wear his dustman's hat. 🚍 ::)

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
 ;D  Buboom!.. Or wear his daisy roots. A young friend ..younger friend, of mine was his lead guitar player in later years...

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2020, 11:10:41 PM »
;D  Buboom!.. Or wear his daisy roots. A young friend ..younger friend, of mine was his lead guitar player in later years...

Who was that?  It couldn't be Les Bennett.  He's probably older than you.  And dead!  Everyone thought he was too flash, but I really fancied him.  Couldn't get more off topic than this, could we?

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2020, 11:17:50 PM »
Naw..His name is Melvin Duffy. One of the country's finest pedal steel players and a dear-friend-from-the-past. ;D ..But you take what work you can find

cowboy wisdom.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2020, 11:22:11 PM »
She should get herself a good tax accountant rather than telling her neighbours her business. A clever accountant can make it look like the most successful business has made little or no profit on which to pay tax.
The lady concerned just happens to be family, not a neighbour

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2020, 12:26:44 PM »
I was tempted to ask if he wore Gor Blimey trousers  ;D
But until just now I resisted.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jul 18, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »
i  have always wondered - just what are gorblimey trousers?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!