Author Topic: dead mouse - ideas please?  (Read 2234 times)

klondike

Re: dead mouse - ideas please?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »
Bone density treatment can be very helpful
What was the treatment? My wife has some collaped or collapsing vertbrae and hes been prescibed weekly alendronic acid - is there something else?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:14:33 AM »
Thanks for that, my wife asked me how long it would but all I could say it won't be immediate.

Did Veronica actually feel the difference?
Difficult to say without being able to ask her - but she certainly felt happier about it - how much was physical and how much psychological, I'm afraid I don't know
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
What was the treatment? My wife has some collaped or collapsing vertbrae and hes been prescibed weekly alendronic acid - is there something else?
It was tablets - Ill try and work out which ones - overs the years she had quite a few for a variety of reasons
Mike

Ashy

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:23:29 AM »
I thought this would be about real dead mice, I am an expert at killing them. The trick is to place a small piece of wood over them before hitting it with a hammer. I assume you have tried the receiver in a different USB slot. For my money it's the bit that receives the radio or its associated software if any that has conked out in this case. Now if my first wife had changed the batteries I would be checking that they were in right.

richmond62

« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
"Now if my first wife had changed the batteries I would be checking that they were in right."

If my first wife had changed HER batteries . . .  ;)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
It was tablets - Ill try and work out which ones - overs the years she had quite a few for a variety of reasons
Mike
Sorry, I can't work out which ones it was ,and obviously, I'm reluctant to guess. The course was longer than I remembered - she took the tablets for 12 months - an interim check after five (which is what confused me) indicated that they were working and the 12 month consultation resulted her being told she was no longer osteoporotic .. Maddeningly all she recorded in her diary was the good news and that she could now reduce the number of tablets she had to take, but doesn't say which ones she could drop
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:32:20 AM »
I thought this would be about real dead mice, I am an expert at killing them. The trick is to place a small piece of wood over them before hitting it with a hammer. I assume you have tried the receiver in a different USB slot. For my money it's the bit that receives the radio or its associated software if any that has conked out in this case. Now if my first wife had changed the batteries I would be checking that they were in right.
Ashy
Thanks - I actually tried the mouse in a different computer without any joy - and I did check polarity! 👍😉😉
Mike

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:35:10 AM »
Thanks for trying anyway. It caused me to look and it seems there are a number of treatments and that hadn't occurred to me. If hers doesn't improve itwill give her something to ask the doctor about. Had they prescribed something instead of telling her to take parcetamol when she went to the GP about constant back pains the progress may have been halted. And some praise the NHS. I damned well don't based on witnessing many of its failings.

Ashy

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
From 23rd March to 4th July, if you didn't have COVid they didn't want to know, and even if you did they didn't want to know. Phone up the hospital today and you get a 6 minute lecture on Covid and how to dial 111.

Ashy

« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »
Ashy
Thanks - I actually tried the mouse in a different computer without any joy - and I did check polarity! 👍😉😉
Mike
Sorry I missed that bit. I assume it doesn't require a special program as it is seen as a generic mouse.

I bought one from Asda for £5 when optical mice were a newish thing, and the light didn;t work. Took it back and they changed it, still using it now. Logitech make but it's wired.

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2020, 11:58:58 AM »
I prefer Bluetooth mice to the ones that have a separate receiver. I busted one receiver when I forgot it was in a desktop and turned it over to do something to it. I've magaged to lose one receiver somehow too. I don't think I've ever had one actually go wrong but that then begs the question on why I have more of them than I have computers.

At least they don't need their balls defluffing these days.

Ashy

« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2020, 12:01:15 PM »
I wouldn't bother defluffing a mouse's balls. Just use the plank and hammer.

klondike

« Reply #27 on: Jul 19, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »
We had a bungalow and they got in the loft. I set a trap. One morning about two o'clock one was caught and not killed and was clocking around on the boarding. I was dispatched to the loft to sort it out. I had the hammer but didn't know at the time why a plank was needed too. I do now.

Ashy

« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
The problem I found, as you may have, is you hold the mouse by its tail, by the time you have aimed the hammer and dealt the blow, the mouse has moved. For some reason, under a plank they don't move about. On the other hand you may have come down from the loft covered in blood. I cornered a mouse once in an old house, and kicked it in the head with my steel toe cap. It came out like a fountain about three feet high.

Ashy

« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »
I can see I am going to have some explaining to do, when I meet Saint Peter.