Author Topic: Drifting off..  (Read 924 times)

Ashy

Re: Drifting off..
« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »
Which one of us is Vera?

Sheila

« Reply #16 on: Jul 29, 2020, 11:04:35 AM »

Every Monday afternoon I usually settle down to watch Vera... I do enjoy it so much and her character is charming..

However.. I have yet to discover who the many  murderers are and why..  ;D ;D

I really can't take to Vera.  Maybe I am missing something?  (No suggestions as to what I may be missing thank you)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Jul 29, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »
Veronica used to like it, but I can't understand much of the dialogue so didn't watch even with Veronica
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Jul 29, 2020, 11:17:03 AM »
I really can't take to Vera.  Maybe I am missing something?  (No suggestions as to what I may be missing thank you)

Maybe I am missing something.?

Can't tell you what you are missing.. I've never seen the end..!!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »
Which one of us is Vera?

Ashy... If you want to be Vera... Go for it..   
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »

I enjoy Vera, and Shetland, another by the same author. I think Brenda Blethyn is perfect for the part and some of the scenery around the location is lovely.

Subtitles Mike?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2020, 12:28:58 PM »
Can't read the subtitles with my eyes shut, it's no good.

biglouis

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »
One day I was holding a tutorial with a group of my students at the uni and I "forgot" the exact word I wanted. I could remember similar words and I could also "talk around it" so it became a bit of a joke in the group to guess the correct word. I said "well Im in my late 40s so it must be old age creeping up."
One student said "I hope not. That happens to me and Im only 24!"

There are quite a few quizzes on the internet you can do to determine whether it is likely to be Altzheimers or similar. If you forget a word or name and can remember it later. Or can explain what you mean its just the result of natural "forgetting" that comes with age.

If I had to write my Ph.D now I would find it harder as I would have to depend much more on my notes. Whereas before I could hold complex arguments in my head. However I have no doubt that I could still do it.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #23 on: Jul 29, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »
Given it has completed 10 seasons I'd suggest you must be unless crime series aren't to your taste in general. More serious than Midsomer Murders with bleaker storylines to match the bleaker scenery. I'm a midlander and have no problems with either the accents or idioms.

I had all the Midsomer episodes and deleted them after watching as I assumed we'd remember them but after watching some of the endless repeats on ITV3 found we didn't so I've downloaded them all again plus all the Veras. We watched Season 8 of Vera recently and couldn't remember any of them so maybe we missed them when on the first time around.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Jul 29, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm doing the same with Boardwalk Empire at the moment K..There are lots of incidents and episodes I have no memory of..I loved it first time around but it's just as good the second. One of the finest series I've ever watched.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Jul 29, 2020, 06:44:46 PM »
Never heard of it. Will look it up and maybe download it assuming it is still up for grabs.

I was looking for the The Royle Family the other day for some short humorous programs having just rewatched all the Fawlty Towers episodes again for the umpteenth time (I'm almost word perfect now) and found all the series torrents dead although the specials were still OK but then found them all on Dailymotion so downloaded from there.
So long and thanks for all the fish