Author Topic: TMS  (Read 1309 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: TMS
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2020, 01:18:28 PM »
Actually, when the Big Bird dropped out of the scene, I heaved a big sigh of relief. Then came along Curtley Ambrose.....
Mike 😢😢😢😢😢
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
I'd love to see Ireland on top form on Tuesday. With the series lost they might relax enough to give England something to think about..Looking forward to the Pakistan series which might give a more balanced view of where England are and a much tougher game than Ireland managed..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2020, 03:55:08 PM »
Actually, when the Big Bird dropped out of the scene, I heaved a big sigh of relief. Then came along Curtley Ambrose.....
Mike 😢😢😢😢😢

Mike and Cassie. Forgive me if you know already or have heard it before but check out Radio 4 extra today and 'Adrian Arlington- The Amazing Test Match Crime.' Think you'll enjoy it.  ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Cassandra

« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »

Mike and Cassie. Forgive me if you know already or have heard it before but check out Radio 4 extra today and 'Adrian Arlington- The Amazing Test Match Crime.' Think you'll enjoy it.  ;D
Thanks so much Zoon, 6pm tonight. Being a BBC hater, I never give them house room - except for the great game of course. I'll be tuning in and thanks very much.

M.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
Mike 😢😢😢😢😢

And big Courtney too - what a duo - fabulous I'll never forget their last session as a duo at the Oval. We were in the hall of the Gods that day!

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2020, 05:42:17 PM »
Thanks so much Zoon, 6pm tonight. Being a BBC hater, I never give them house room - except for the great game of course. I'll be tuning in and thanks very much.

M.

You're very welcome old thing.. ;)  BTW..The Beeb is also showing 'The Edge' at 9pm on 2. A documentary about England 2009-2013 and the remarkable changes wrought in those years.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Aug 02, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »
Must set Edge to record - thanks
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2020, 06:06:28 PM »
And big Courtney too - what a duo - fabulous I'll never forget their last session as a duo at the Oval. We were in the hall of the Gods that day!
Remember that. By then the deadly duo were hard pressed to get above the low 80s, but the on screen description kept saying ‘right arm fast’. Craig White was in the high 80s, touching 90, but the description was ‘right arm fast-medium’. The WI supporting cast then was a far cry from the 1980s.
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #23 on: Aug 03, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »

You're very welcome old thing.. ;)  BTW..The Beeb is also showing 'The Edge' at 9pm on 2. A documentary about England 2009-2013 and the remarkable changes wrought in those years.

Thanks Zoon, I'd got The Edge - enjoyed the Radio 4xtra broadcast thanks again and recorded for posterity it via SkyQ.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Aug 03, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
I’ve recorded the Edge, but not watched it yet. Probably this evening
Mike

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Aug 03, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »
I thought the Radio 4 play was a lovely listen, narrated by the inimitable 'Jonners'..The voice artists doing Henry Blofeld and the rest were excellent..A rare jewel in the output..

cowboy wisdom.