Author Topic: facemasks  (Read 7223 times)

Raven

Re: facemasks
« Reply #30 on: Aug 03, 2020, 05:44:22 PM »
I use a visor in shops, they make it so much easier.

klondike

« Reply #31 on: Aug 03, 2020, 05:52:13 PM »
We have a stock of masks but I hate the damned things so may go for visors for supermarket shopping.
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »
My friend has made me some cotton masks, I much prefer them to the surgical paper ones I bought in B&M. I travelled by train yesterday and today, everyone was wearing masks. I'm ok wearing one except when its really warm, then my face feels clammy and it makes me feel a little breathless.  However, I think about my daughter and all the NHS and other workers who have to keep them on all day.  Wearing one for a short period isn't too bad.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

xetog

« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:15:10 PM »
Visors are to be used as well as, not instead of, masks.  Visors to not prevent the free flow of air and thus the virus.  The Government have already told hairdressers they should not rely on visors only.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Sheila

« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »
If that's right Mike, that could be the end of my supermarket trips.

klondike

« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:52:58 PM »
All they have actually said is face coverings sfaik. What is a face covering? Who knows? That's the problem of rule by loose dictat. Given all you need to wear nothing is a home printed cardboard badge I doubt you need worry until this is properly clarified which probably won't be happening.
So long and thanks for all the fish

xetog

« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:54:18 PM »
Sorry, I have re-read my post.  I didn't mean to give the impression that you should wear a visor, just that if you decide to do so it gives only gives protection from large droplets, should someone cough or sneeze directly at you.

Mike .X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Yellowbird

« Reply #37 on: Aug 03, 2020, 07:06:57 PM »
I went to my local CoOp this morning, against all my principles I wore a mask which made me feel extremely unwell waiting in the queue to pay, I have no underlying ill health that I know of. Two ladies of similar age did not wear masks Oh how I admire their courage. I can’t imagine I will shop again for a very long time The face visors which I can’t think work make you look unbelievably silly
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Diasi

« Reply #38 on: Aug 03, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »
My friend has made me some cotton masks, I much prefer them to the surgical paper ones I bought in B&M. I travelled by train yesterday and today, everyone was wearing masks. I'm ok wearing one except when its really warm, then my face feels clammy and it makes me feel a little breathless.  However, I think about my daughter and all the NHS and other workers who have to keep them on all day.  Wearing one for a short period isn't too bad.

The home made masks are as effective as using chain link fencing to stop wasps.

They're not called surgical / medical masks for no reason.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #39 on: Aug 04, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »
The best we can hope for from a home made mask is that the breath distribution becomes unpredictable.

Cassandra

« Reply #40 on: Aug 04, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »
I went to my local CoOp this morning, against all my principles I wore a mask which made me feel extremely unwell waiting in the queue to pay, I have no underlying ill health that I know of. Two ladies of similar age did not wear masks Oh how I admire their courage. I can’t imagine I will shop again for a very long time The face visors which I can’t think work make you look unbelievably silly

I completely agree. The Face-Mask invigilators are all around us. The lady in front of me yesterday queuing to collect her prescription in Tesco was taken aside by an over possessed 70+year old man and given a dressing down for not having a face mask.

This old busy body was so pumped up at being able to interfere, that he hadn't noticed she was wearing a Home Bargains full visor. The lady (about 30) was really upset and burst into tears. Someone else advised him he needed the queue for the opticians. Within a few minutes a war had broken out as to whether Face Visors are 'legal'. No - don't get involved my inner self commanded and I just slipped away!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

mick607

« Reply #41 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:15:15 PM »
I don't wear a muzzle.

Audrine

« Reply #42 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:36:41 PM »

No wonder the UK has a high virus pandemic. So many refuse to wear a mask as suggested. So uncomfortable, what a shame. Poor little darlings.
No safe distance. It is unbelievable.
Get with it people.

Actually, it is the same over here but we have an ignoramus leader so not much we can that do about it for a while.Audrine   

Akbuk

« Reply #43 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »

No wonder the UK has a high virus pandemic. So many refuse to wear a mask as suggested. So uncomfortable, what a shame. Poor little darlings.
No safe distance. It is unbelievable.
Get with it people.

Actually, it is the same over here but we have an ignoramus leader so not much we can that do about it for a while.Audrine

Some people will live the rest of their lives wondering if they were responsible for the death of a family member...or other people.

Maybe this idea makes confrontation with the police a little less likely.

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-nice-france-police-use-camera-technology/
I’m a real he/him.

mick607

« Reply #44 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:52:37 PM »
I am exempt from wearing a muzzle. Your snide comments would be better aimed at the Chinese.
Remember one thing I don't make the laws.