Author Topic: Sick of it All  (Read 2122 times)

Goingtoseed

Re: Sick of it All
« Reply #30 on: Aug 08, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »

I very much agree but I'm not going to fret over what I can't change.

As for the weather, we're old enough to know how to keep cool so why not let the kids enjoy their sunshine, sunburn and mild heat-stroke.. ;D

Exactly. Get the parasol out, strip down to your undies, have plenty of cold drinks in the fridge and lie back basking in the heat. I get the sun from when it rises to when it sets in my rear garden.
Winter will be upon us in a few months. Plenty of cold wet days to come. Best place then is indoors with a good film a glass of what you fancy and a comfy chair.

Cassandra

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »
My wife had air conditioning in the house she had when we met & I've looked at fitting in our present house but the regulations are quite stringent & I don't think we'd comply with the distance requirements for the external compressor units.

It might be possible to have the external compressor fitted into the integral garage which would eliminate any neighbour noise issue.

Anyway we're now looking into it.

I ran an air conditioning company, in parallel with my electrical installation company, when I lived in the South East but I think I'll pay to get it installed.

My friend locally had two invectors and two 1.5 wall units fitted for less than £1500 (Fujitsu) like the ones I have. Today watering the plants I've noticed how very quiet they are in comparison to say with even five years ago. I don't think you'd find the noise question would come into it as they have a 'silent outside' setting especially for those residing in flats?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2020, 04:44:56 PM »
My friend locally had two invectors and two 1.5 wall units fitted for less than £1500 (Fujitsu) like the ones I have. Today watering the plants I've noticed how very quiet they are in comparison to say with even five years ago. I don't think you'd find the noise question would come into it as they have a 'silent outside' setting especially for those residing in flats?

I'm thinking of getting this one installed as it'll do two bedrooms & the kitchen or conservatory with all the pipework running from one compressor unit in the garage as it should be possible to put it there.

https://bit.ly/31BXiGG
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #33 on: Aug 08, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »
If it moves, I'm sick of it.

If it stands still, I'll paint it.

Cassandra

« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
I'm thinking of getting this one installed as it'll do two bedrooms & the kitchen or conservatory with all the pipework running from one compressor unit in the garage as it should be possible to put it there.

https://bit.ly/31BXiGG

Looks good and such a great comfort. I suffer greatly at the hands of humidity as well as high temperatures. Just the relief of refreshing a room as well makes it well worth the expense at times. Also see the min temp is 16. I only go as low as 18 and that seems adequate, but 16 is really impressive for oven times, like the past few days.

The Garage location sounds amicable too.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

granny moss

« Reply #35 on: Aug 09, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »
If it smells good, I eat it :D :D :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #36 on: Aug 09, 2020, 12:30:36 PM »
Sitting in front of the fan, which makes things bearable, indulging in my pre-lunch martini, which makes things more bearable!
Mike 👍👍
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #37 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:05:00 PM »
I agree totally with all that is said on here. gmx

granny moss

« Reply #38 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »
Try martiny in vanilla ice cream......Hummmmmm....gmx

David G

« Reply #39 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »
Whatever you're on granny moss can I have some of it ?.😉
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »
Cointreau over vanilla is a bit of all right, a,though it took this thread to remind me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!