Author Topic: A must see for all the Muzzle wearing sheep on here !  (Read 4432 times)

Cassandra

Re: A must see for all the Muzzle wearing sheep on here !
« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »
I would love to know the true death figure in the UK of genuine Covid 19 deaths. Why are so many deaths recorded as Covid 19 when other causes are responsible ?

This thing clearly divides us as did Brexit. Your either a believer or as I am - unconvinced and certainly have no trust in the veracity of talking shops like the W.H.O. etc. Or even individual fully paid up liberal voting physicians.

Personally I couldn't care less if you wear a mask or not. I won't go out with one, so simply that means I stay inside and avoid yet another conflict or being patronised for having that view.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Aug 11, 2020, 09:12:52 PM »
Akbuk
Any normal mask of the type you or I might wear is little use against the virus - as been said many times, the virus is do small that expecting a cloth mask or the like to stop it is akin to expecting a chain link fence to stop mosquitos. What it can do is prevent aerosol from you from being ejected into the atmosphere, although here again, it's a good way short of 100% effective'
Soemthing for which I have still to see an explanation - if someone with the virus coughs, sneezes, even breathes out (!) if they are wearing  a mask and if - as we seem to being expected to believe - the virus will travel as a passenger of the much larger droplets - how can it escape the mask to be a danger?. Obviously of the carrier isn'e wearing a mask all bets are off
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
Aye..Tha'll not stop a pig in a miniskirt..A'll say that..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »
the mind boggles!
Mike  😁

Akbuk

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2020, 10:09:49 PM »
Akbuk
Any normal mask of the type you or I might wear is little use against the virus - as been said many times, the virus is do small that expecting a cloth mask or the like to stop it is akin to expecting a chain link fence to stop mosquitos. What it can do is prevent aerosol from you from being ejected into the atmosphere, although here again, it's a good way short of 100% effective'
Soemthing for which I have still to see an explanation - if someone with the virus coughs, sneezes, even breathes out (!) if they are wearing  a mask and if - as we seem to being expected to believe - the virus will travel as a passenger of the much larger droplets - how can it escape the mask to be a danger?. Obviously of the carrier isn'e wearing a mask all bets are off
Mike

Isn't it a case of something is better than nothing, maybe the flu jab being an example, even that's not a guarantee.
If we have no confidence in the WHO (which I dont over this issue), do we not not take heed on what Doctors & nurses are currently doing worldwide, even with substandard PPE?

Ps Mike.

"Obviously of the carrier isn'e wearing a mask all bets are off"

Isn't that exactly the purpose of the mask wearing? People are walking around, with this virus and showing no symptoms.
I’m a real he/him.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
Just about my sentiments
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Aug 11, 2020, 10:44:00 PM »
I'm thinking along the same lines as Akbuk here, as in something is better than nothing.  If this last few months has just meant some soap dodgers have developed better hygiene habits, even that's a plus in my book.  I have the flu jab every year, and I have also had the one off pneumonia vaccination.  Although they didn't stop me catching whatever it was that laid me low in January, they may have prevented a worsening of symptoms.

I'm not desperate to go to places where there are lots of people, like seaside resorts etc.  I've used public transport, including the train, and gone shopping, wearing a mask for those short periods has been a minor hardship compared to my daughter and her colleagues who wear them every day at work. 

I accept there are people who think covid/corona doesn't exist in the way we've been led to believe.  If that's the case, isn't it amazing how many world powers have all been singing from similar songsheets.  I'll just carry on following guidelines for now.  ;)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Akbuk

« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2020, 10:53:09 PM »
I'm thinking along the same lines as Akbuk here, as in something is better than nothing.  If this last few months has just meant some soap dodgers have developed better hygiene habits, even that's a plus in my book.  I have the flu jab every year, and I have also had the one off pneumonia vaccination.  Although they didn't stop me catching whatever it was that laid me low in January, they may have prevented a worsening of symptoms.

I'm not desperate to go to places where there are lots of people, like seaside resorts etc.  I've used public transport, including the train, and gone shopping, wearing a mask for those short periods has been a minor hardship compared to my daughter and her colleagues who wear them every day at work. 

I accept there are people who think covid/corona doesn't exist in the way we've been led to believe.  If that's the case, isn't it amazing how many world powers have all been singing from similar songsheets.  I'll just carry on following guidelines for now.  ;)

If these mask wearing measures were solely being laid on us, I would strongly object but they’re not. Economy wise, again, all countries are in the same boat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53745481  
I’m a real he/him.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »
Yes, just about wrecked
Mike

Akbuk

« Reply #24 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:12:12 PM »
Yes, just about wrecked
Mike

Agreed but the upside is, you and I are alive to read and write about it.
I’m a real he/him.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:36:05 PM »
True - thankfully

biglouis

« Reply #26 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »
I wear it because I don't want to provoke arguments with mask zealots.

Nothing I like better than a good scrap with some pinhead. Bring it on.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Cassandra

« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2020, 03:29:59 AM »

Agreed but the upside is, you and I are alive to read and write about it.

Alternatively statistics suggest we would be anyway? Truth and morality are often conflated and those that question today it seems are deemed the new traitors to society? Somehow not following the confused messages of the state promotes the premonition of eschatology as the eventual outcome. I think a very worrying development in Govt engineered social suggestion is now becoming the new norm.

Witness how four years ago Cameron tried to get the deep state to support No to Brexit by announcing equality rules for spending on advertising and lobbying during the pre-vote referendum campaign. The day after he'd spent £9 million of public money sending a letter to every household encouraging a vote for Yes - stay in. Thus a new frontier in centrally administrative braggadocio was established. The warnings from the end of the world remainers developed into a tragic comedy as their desperation heightened.

I'm sure detractors to my position will infer antinomianism, but that means you concur with the state without the consideration to alternative suggestion.

Boris and the Bots have performed so many volte-face about turns on this matter to date that clarity is now the victim of confusion and fear prevails. Not a good place to evaluate rationale I would suggest?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

granny moss

« Reply #28 on: Aug 12, 2020, 06:22:19 AM »
Cassandra. Your last paragraph is esplaining a lot....gmx

Ashy

« Reply #29 on: Aug 12, 2020, 08:01:38 AM »
I love that mask ball scene from The Pink Panther where Clouseau tells the sergeant, disguised as a zebra, "Any more behaviour like that and I'll have your stripes".