Author Topic: England v Pakistan 2nd Test  (Read 3374 times)

zoony

Re: England v Pakistan 2nd Test
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
Really fed up. Because of the snooker, the Test highlights are on BBC4, channel 106, which I can’t get up here
Mike

BBC2 At 11.30 pm Mike...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2020, 05:10:37 PM »
Thanks, mate. Hadn’t looked beyond the normal 1900 slot. Saved by the Zoon!
👍👍👍👍
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2020, 06:11:50 AM »
Just enjoyed watching the highlights. The two dropped catches looked pretty bad - intrigued at how close to one another were second and  third slips - so much so that they impeded each other for the first drop. As usual, a fair numbers of boundaries to the non-existent third man. Fascinateed by Fawad's stance - reminded me of Peter Willey so many years ago now,
Looking forward to today's play, although apparently the weather forecast isn't good. Just looked at BBC weather - light rain forecast for today, thunder storms for Saturday. 😥
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2020, 06:16:56 AM »
Being reminded of Peter Willey by Fawad's unusual stance, just looked Peter up - 34 years since he last played a Test and he is now 70. Surprised to see how little bowling he did in his 26 Tests when he was a very respectable off spinner at first class level.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Aug 14, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
Clip on YouTube of Nasher Hussein commenting on the two dropped catches. Pleased to see that he agrees with me - second and third slips were too close to each other
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #20 on: Aug 14, 2020, 09:05:49 AM »
Fawad's not going to get many over here. All the seamers will see him as a cert LBW, and will forming an impatient queue to get at him. The ball moves too late in our conditions and we have some of the best at doing it in the world. He wouldn't have lasted three balls from Brian Statham.

I thought of Peter Willey soon as I saw him, Peter though did hold his stance and he wasn't facing mid on when the delivery was commenced! Well done Jimmy, his control was very good and his fielding resembling his great days of athleticism. At 38, a five day match must be gruelling and only someone of his fitness could be competing anyway.

Seems Root has had a talking too, by revolving his bowlers, Jimmy got a rest and young Curran again impressed. Puzzling about Jofra, its almost as if he doesn't want to bowl quickly any more and I'd rather have Curran therefore, whilst Anderson can still produce. Felt for Burns and Sibley yesterday. Slip fielding is not pleasant. I broke or split more fingers fielding first slip than I ever did batting, including one that snapped my thumb back leaving the bone poking through. The keeper fainted when he came to help me get up! The first catch the former did take was many times more difficult and he took it brilliantly. This Pakistan side is shallow in batting and doesn't seem to be able - yet - to give the bowlers enough runs to go at.

An extra treat was not having the whine of that infernal woman Mitchell commentating. Is it me or does having two women and one man summing up look unnatural? Where's Vaughnny instead of some admittably very nice ladies? My Godson tells me they're there as 'eye candy'! Remember the days when Jim Swanton used to do it, with such adroit expertise.

Nice to be away at last from the dull, dark Lowry inspired 'OLD' Trafford and off to a bright good sighting ground like Southampton.

They won't last long today and then we should go for 400 plus and perhaps do it by an innings. Famous last words!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Aug 14, 2020, 09:13:48 AM »
Again, only seeing highlights, but Jimmy, to my mind, looked a good bit brighter than during the first Test - long may it continue. Both he and Broad seemed to be a bit quicker than an OT - both recorded 87.
Archer - I was concerned to hear a comment from him about OT - think it was after day 5 but not sure, saying that wicket 'wasn't one to bend your back on'. The Pakistan quickies didn't seem to agree, and I reckon Woakes and Broad both put out as much into it as they could, as did Jimmy except that he looked tired.
Oh, and that was a brilliant stop by Jimmy to stop that on-drive
Mike (still think Curran looks young enough to turn our for the under 13s!🙂)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Aug 14, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »
Thinking about Archer, I wonder if, either consciously or unconsciously, he is worrying about that elbow injury he picked up and doesn't want to risk bowling fast?
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »
Start delayed by rain
Mike 😥😥

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »
'Morning everybody, 'morning Michael..Beautiful sunny day here in South Manchester..Looking forward to some play before lunch if the South dries up! ???  Chat among yourself Mike, always worth reading.. ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Aug 14, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
Now I only have myself I have to talk to myself - and some of the comments are preeeetttttty stoopid

Mike

zoony

« Reply #26 on: Aug 14, 2020, 12:51:51 PM »
 ;D No they're not..We're here for you mate..Ramblin' Mickey Rolls..Has a ring to it, no?

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Aug 14, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »
Like it. Almost on a par with Rambling Sid Rumbold - where did that come from?
Mike

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Aug 14, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »
Ken Williams..

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #29 on: Aug 14, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks. Round the Horne?
Mike