Author Topic: Terrifying large black spiders...  (Read 823 times)

granny moss

Terrifying large black spiders...
« on: Aug 22, 2020, 05:28:07 AM »
This morning was awake at 4.20am...So decided to get up and wash etc...On my way back to my bed, a very large black spider was on the wall by my bedhead.... :o All my life I have been terrifyed by spiders. Now, all still a sleep...cannot shout for help...So, calmed down and got a dump face flannel well positioned in my left hand...had to use my right hand to support me, and try not to create wibrations...if that spider run to the bottom of my bed, I had to vacate the room.... :'( moving very slowly and keeping a steady ?....eye on the beast....I zapped him in the dump flannel....and it is now in the flannel, in a plastic zip bag....I have to show it to J and S when they get up....!  A different way of beginning a new day !  What next ? Have a pleasant day....! gmx

Flying bomb

Re: Terrifying large black spiders...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2020, 05:43:23 AM »
I love spiders.  Wonderful creatures that weave amazing webs and
then wait for days for the Tesco food delivery !
I share my house with them.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

granny moss

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2020, 05:49:55 AM »
I do not mind small ones...I had a pet one that lived under the skirting board and used to come out and feed and drink the sugared drops of water I provided...but this one this morning, was the size of half a Crown, black, hairy and strong long legs....House guest ? NO thanks....gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2020, 06:29:27 AM »
Loathe spiders, although I will tolerate tiny ones
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »
I can understand exactly how you feel GM, my problem is if I do try to tackle one, I tend to shut my eyes as I go in for the kill, so quite often miss the target.   I wouldn't tackle a big one though, much better to send for reinforcements.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2020, 08:27:56 AM »
My wife picks them up then takes them outside while I hide. ;D

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2020, 08:38:13 AM »
At home we have one that lives in a join in the skirting board at a corner behind a wooden ornament that is placed there. My wife has named him. I'm not sure if it is always the same name as I don't recall it so she may give him a new one every time but probably not.

We have a skylight in a single story extension to our kitchen which we use as a dining area. Unknown to us a spider had laid a clutch of eggs up there. When they hatched we had a squad of tiny storm troopers abseiling down their silken ropes. That skylight now gets regular inspection and vacuum cleaning.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
This morning was awake at 4.20am...So decided to get up and wash etc...On my way back to my bed, a very large black spider was on the wall by my bedhead.... :o All my life I have been terrifyed by spiders. Now, all still a sleep...cannot shout for help...So, calmed down and got a dump face flannel well positioned in my left hand...had to use my right hand to support me, and try not to create wibrations...if that spider run to the bottom of my bed, I had to vacate the room.... :'( moving very slowly and keeping a steady ?....eye on the beast....I zapped him in the dump flannel....and it is now in the flannel, in a plastic zip bag....I have to show it to J and S when they get up....!  A different way of beginning a new day !  What next ? Have a pleasant day....! gmx

GM, I have got a see through plastic bowl (or you could use a glass), if I see a spider I cover him with it then slide a piece of cardboard under making sure he is still inside, then I can take him outside and evict him. I don't like to kill them, its not their fault I'm terrified.

The big ones you get this time of the year frighten the life out of me, I know just how you feel.

Traveller

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2020, 11:25:44 AM »
I like spiders, but Mrs.T doesn't, so I have to throw out the big ones.  I find them fascinating creatures - the way they spin their webs, catch flies etc..
You'll have had your tea.

granny moss

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2020, 01:23:11 PM »
Jennifer released the spider from the flannel, in the garden, and it looked not too bad...Googled english spiders  and horrified at the number that share this Country with us.... :o gmx

richmond62

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2020, 01:44:45 PM »
This is the only type of "coloured" spider that scares me:

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2020, 03:32:40 PM »
I like spiders too and try to put them outdoors without hurting them. I found a very large one in the downstairs loo earlier today and cant imagine how it got there. Fortunately we don't have the dangerous ones in this country.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
This is the only type of "coloured" spider that scares me:
That's not a spider it's a cockroach.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2020, 04:28:46 PM »
Googled english spiders  and horrified at the number that share this Country with us.... :o gmx
I'd advise you don't google Australian spiders then...  ;D ;D ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

biglouis

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
The fear of spiders apparently outstrips fear all other creatures combined. I also like reptiles, particularly lizards and tortoises.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.