Author Topic: Saying thank you.....  (Read 1896 times)

granny moss

Saying thank you.....
« on: Aug 23, 2020, 05:45:53 AM »
Good morning everybody !....Another Sunday !!! They seem to come round much faster....! It is 5am, and am still sleepy...Going to be quite busy...Me thinks ?...Printing "Almost forgotten"....memoirs of an italian young bride come to London !...As every morning and every night, I say "Thank you for all that is good in my life...and pray that the bad is kept away from me and my family !....I know my Guardian Angel is taking care of me and my family. I had proof of it. That is why I never feel I am alone. I light my votive small candle when I need some help. It works....I have been asked to light the candle by other people and it has worked ! Going to have breakfast...my favourite meal of the day! Wish you all a pleasant day. gmx

Michael Rolls

Re: Saying thank you.....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2020, 06:08:02 AM »
Same to yourself, granny.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2020, 07:22:49 AM »
I hope everyone has a good day. Granny moss, I'm thankful too for the good things in my life. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2020, 08:26:48 AM »
Thank you to the ' Boss' of this Universe, for taking such good care of me and my family. gmx

richmond62

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
Yes: especially at present, we should thank "Him/Her upstairs" for
our good fortune.

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »
On the subject of saying "thank you" have you noticed that this tends to be regarded as a dirty expression by todays youth who expect you to put everything in their hands as a matter of right. Parents no longer teach their children basic social skills like "please" "thank you" "excuse me" and "may I".

I would never employ anyone who lacked these basic social skills.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »
Me neither. Mind you I don't have any employees. I didn't realise that you did either.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ode Iron

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »
I think the cupcake thank you the nurses got was quite fitting...considering the lies.
Masks are muzzles

mick607

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2020, 07:53:45 PM »
I agree.

Ode Iron

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »
Male nurse  pal...from Notts says he had to sign a new hypocratic oath a few months back...and hide all the fibs.
Masks are muzzles

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »
On the subject of saying "thank you" have you noticed that this tends to be regarded as a dirty expression by todays youth who expect you to put everything in their hands as a matter of right. Parents no longer teach their children basic social skills like "please" "thank you" "excuse me" and "may I".

What a sweeping statement!
I'd love you to meet my grandchildren and some of their friends!  The smallest one was complimented on her manners when I took her out last week.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ode Iron

« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »
On the whole..i'd say Biglouis was correct...but small kids..not just youths...i have seen kids being given money and treats and heard parents practically begging for the tot to say "thank you"... but in my book i find the elderly the rudest..pulling out at junctions, driving at 2mph..never mind not saying "thank you" when i hold a door open .
Parenting again comes into play.
Mine were never allowed to hide behind my legs when greeting a house visitor...or run around at Mass and  being too embarrased to stand up and retrieve the toddler.
Masks are muzzles

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Aug 25, 2020, 09:29:02 PM »

Well said BL.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »
All I can say is you guys need to mix with a better class of young people. I see a bit of lairy behaviour when they're in groups having a laugh but that was true of all generations gone before since the war, including mine. in general I find young 'uns polite and helpful. Mind you, I'm polite and respectful to them as well. Unless they catch me on a bad day.. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #14 on: Aug 26, 2020, 04:40:32 AM »

...and this coming from someone that has admitted she doesn't like children and usually call them bratlets. ::) ::) ::)

All my grandchildren have excellent manners and taught by their parents...people generalise too much about the youngsters of today as if our generation were that perfect. ::) ::) ::)
The only way is up....