Author Topic: Why..?  (Read 1220 times)

Scrumpy

Why..?
« on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »

Am I so tired. !  The last few weeks I have felt so tired and lacking in energy..
 To be perfectectly honest I just can't be bothered with most things.. I seem to have lost interest..
  Even food is boring... I am out to lunch today and searched for a good reason not to go but I couldn't think of one..

Is it just me.!!   Are others feeling like this. ?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

Re: Why..?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:59:10 AM »
No, you are not alone. I have just given in and done some filing of thank you letters from charities and that sort of thing - one of them had been sitting in my 'filing tray' since early June - just can't be bothered
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:06:54 AM »
Scrumpy, not just you, I think its a combination of realising winter is not to far away, and the Covid  restrictions getting too us, in my case I miss getting up and asking myself where or who can we visit today, bearing in mind the problems with  social distancing.

Alfred

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »
Hello Scrumpy,

No your not alone, i think many of  us are being worn down by too many instructions, and restrictions, plus all the do,s and don'ts,  plus the added confusion that this government has added to by  too many  indecisions,
much like a ship with out a captain,

im surprised there aren't a lot more of us feeling much the same, any way at least the suns shinning so there's hope  simply to get out in the garden and hopefully have a glass or three of a nice bottle of wine, ........Cheers,

sparky

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:50:03 AM »
Alf, you are lucky, we have not even got the sun to console ourselves today, its bloody raining. :( :( :(

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:52:45 AM »
Yesterday my brother-in-law and my next door neighbour popped in at the same time. Bliss! First time I’ve had two people to talk to indoors since lockdown started.
We got to comparing how far we have travelled to a destination, as opposed to just going out for a drive as I have done around once a week.
Paul, b-i-l, furthest has been to visit me - 13 miles. Neighbour, golf club, 7 miles. Me? To the park to walk, just under 3 miles, and  as it is close by the outbreak, not even doing that at the moment
At times I feel so bored that I want to beat my head against the wall, or alternatively go outside and scream at the moon/stars/sun/rain, whatever is available.
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:59:17 AM »

The thing is.. I do get visitors and invited out but I just can't be bothered with it ..
  I have a park nearby and friends/family are also nearby.. But I can't be ars*ed .
 I'm tired and can't wait for bedtime.. to lay there with my paper and crossword.. seems enough for me..

Am I getting old.. ?   ;D  Perhaps too much screwing with that bloody shed..  ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:00:34 PM »
I’m not sure we wish to know that!
Mike

Bee

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
You are not alone Scrumpy, for a few weeks now my sleep pattern has been all over the place, after being in bed for about 3 hours I am wide awake and then I go downstairs to find something to watch on the television and if I am lucky I manage a couple of hours sleep but just an hour at a time, but when it comes time for getting up I feel buggered, I have breakfast at 8am and very often have an hours sleep after that but I am not doing as much as housework as I should be doing..........my attitude now is, I live on my own and I am the only bugger that sees it. :)
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:12:05 PM »
You are not alone Scrumpy, for a few weeks now my sleep pattern has been all over the place, after being in bed for about 3 hours I am wide awake and then I go downstairs to find something to watch on the television and if I am lucky I manage a couple of hours sleep but just an hour at a time, but when it comes time for getting up I feel buggered, I have breakfast at 8am and very often have an hours sleep after that but I am not doing as much as housework as I should be doing..........my attitude now is, I live on my own and I am the only bugger that sees it. :)
I feel much the same, ma'am. Normally I will have a Martini or a sherry before lunch and a half bottle of whatever is appropriate to accompany it, then put my feet up for an hour or perhaps two. Very different when Veronica was alive- for a start we ate in the evening and I ate and drank a good bit less than is now the case - but ever since I lost her, I have mostly been in 'Ah, sod it (being polite)' mode
Mike (and for some reason today seems worse than usual, so it will probably be rather more than a 1/2 bottle)

Bee

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
I don't drink alcohol but my comfort is too much damn chocolate.

Mike like me and as unfortunate it is, you only have yourself to please. ;)
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:26:23 PM »
sadly, so true. I guess that as today it is 80 weeks since I had to have our little dog put to sleep isn't helping
Mike

Bee

« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
That is sad Mike, I have a budgie who is now 12 years old and from what I understand I may have 2 more years with him.
The only way is up....

biglouis

« Reply #13 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:47:16 PM »
Ive just got a new cleaner and I feel sorry for her because I had not touched the place since the beginning of lockdown. As it is I have barely felt able to keep my business going and anything else went on the back burner. Ive got letters on the hall table from weeks ago that I havnt even bothered to open - but then all my bills are paid with direct debit and internet banking.

Dot (new cleaner) said some members of her family who are normally quite energetic have been like this for weeks/months. No specific identifiable illness but feeling tired/depressed/achy and apathetic. She has felt it herself when having to get out of bed for an early job and had to drag herself up. Feeling usually goes after hot shower.

Now I am wondering if at least some of us who have felt like this have had a version of CV-19 and not realised it. Not had any suspicious cough and high terperatures but upset stomachs/headaches/ pains in joints etc.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 2020, 12:58:29 PM »
Is it just me.!!   Are others feeling like this. ?
I reckon Brian must. I haven't seen anything at all about the 4:30 running club today yet.
So long and thanks for all the fish