Author Topic: Why..?  (Read 1218 times)

Alex22

Re: Why..?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2020, 01:34:33 PM »
I'm the same, no energy to do anything for weeks and weeks.  The lockdown was depressing, now these bloody crutches have hampered my getting into the garden.  It seems like this whole year so far has been a write-off.   Maybe you need a tonic Scrumpy ?  (me too)

Many years ago someone recommended Bio Strath to me, but I never got round to trying it

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »
  I seem to've been knackered since January/ Feb..Spend more time sleeping than awake these days and barely have the energy to do anything. No appetite so eating very little..Being well cared for but I feel so guilty..It feels like I'm swinging the lead but I'm honestly not..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
When I talk with my friends, we all agree that we feel a lack of momentum to do anything.

When I do feel like having a sort out, I really go for it and the little bedroom is full of stuff for the charity shop when they eventually start taking it again.  I have started to put some of it on Freecycle.

There was a plan for six of us to meet up in a friend’s garden on Tuesday but the forecast is bad and the Covid figures are going up around here so that looks a bit doomed.

Being shielded wasn’t so bad in summer as we are lucky to have a garden but I don’t fancy being stuck in for the winter.

Do you like Magnums zoony?  We have bought far too many and have put on weight.

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Aug 28, 2020, 03:58:47 PM »

Now I am wondering if at least some of us who have felt like this have had a version of CV-19 and not realised it. Not had any suspicious cough and high terperatures but upset stomachs/headaches/ pains in joints etc.

Now I am wondering if at least some of us who have felt like this have had a version of CV-19...

I agree with this... I was poorly just after Christmas and It was a feeling I have never experienced before..
I think I have the after effects of something or other..
It would be interesting to have a test to see if we have had the virus...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Aug 28, 2020, 04:02:25 PM »
I Maybe you need a tonic Scrumpy ?  (me too)

Maybe you need tonic .?

Cheers Alex..  I’ll have a gin with mine..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #20 on: Aug 28, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
Lately I have lost lots of energy. I find it hard to get up and wash myself etc. I have never had head aches or stomach pain. But the last few nights, I get heat burn and have to take Rennies...I also feel hot. My sleeping pattern is very bad, and I sleep a lot on my chair...I do feel very different, and cannot be bothered much with food. I have breakfast at lunch time...I feel if my enegy is been sucked away....As most of you say, I do not seem to want to bother much with anything...It depresses me a lot. I do hope so much to get back as I was just a couple of weeks ago ! Sorry so many of you seem about the same. We must help each other to get motivated...Think of Winter coming as an opportunity to make a plan in our daily routine....We MUST snap out of
feeling like this...!  Jennifer at lunch time, bougth home a puppy rescue "item" which prompty gave me a present of a nice pile of poo poos on the carpet....They say it is lucky...I should do the lottery, but I cannot be bothered :D :D :D :'( LET's BE BRAVE and PULL OUT of THIS TOGHETER !!!gmx

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »

Now I am wondering if at least some of us who have felt like this have had a version of CV-19...

I agree with this... I was poorly just after Christmas and It was a feeling I have never experienced before..

I called the surgery about a test..They were no use at all. Called a testing centre, explaining that I needed to know if I'd had it and wanted the antibody test..Told that it wasn't available and no idea as to when it might be.

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Aug 28, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
Well I must be the odd one out as I've got bags of energy & seem to be doing more & more little tasks each day.

Anyway I have no time to be able to feel not up to doing anything & I'm grateful that I'm on the go for most of the time that I'm awake which is about 18 hours per day.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Aug 28, 2020, 05:40:13 PM »
Well I must be the odd one out as I've got bags of energy & seem to be doing more & more little tasks each day.

Anyway I have no time to be able to feel not up to doing anything & I'm grateful that I'm on the go for most of the time that I'm awake which is about 18 hours per day.
Good for you, Phil - wish I felt the same - just been dozing in the chair and woken - thankfully - by s-i-l phoning, or I'd probably still be snoring the afternoon away
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Aug 28, 2020, 05:42:41 PM »

Anyway I have no time to be able to feel not up to doing anything

I'm genuinely happy that you're well and so full of energy, I know you have serious responsibilities, however you sound confident that those complaining of these symptoms are being self-indulgent or exaggerating. I'll not bother trying to convince you otherwise as you rarely change your thinking even when it's crass and unfair.

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #25 on: Aug 28, 2020, 06:29:04 PM »

Not with me it isn't, I don't know the last time I felt ill I always feel very healthy...it is definitely lack of sleep for me and this only started a few weeks ago and not all through self isolation.
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #26 on: Aug 28, 2020, 08:42:53 PM »
me too
my get up and go....has got up and gone...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #27 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:58:01 PM »

Me too Scrumpy, some days I still feel as if I'm recuperating!  The practice nurse at the surgery and my nurse daughter think its very likely that I either had the virus or something very similar.   Some days I feel as if I have a normal level of energy, but as soon as I make a physical effort to do something, I'm weary.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #28 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:05:44 PM »
me too
my get up and go....has got up and gone...

;D ;D ;D
The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #29 on: Aug 28, 2020, 11:09:43 PM »
So that's several of us here...It's interesting if nothing else. I don't have the link but one report suggested there were infections last Christmas at least.
 I ought to add that the person who took care of me went down as well and he's no snowflake..I had el grippe, which is what the Spanish call flu, many years ago and, though younger and stronger then, was really quite ill. This was similar in many respects but not the same..

cowboy wisdom.