Author Topic: Things I regret not to have done....  (Read 1733 times)

Traveller

Re: Things I regret not to have done....
« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2020, 07:59:51 AM »
I don't like Sinatra's style of singing at all.   

I sometimes regret not having had a positive relationship with my parents,  but we were so different in our views and beliefs that I wonder if we were related at all. 

My favourite quote on regret came from Sir John Betjeman who when asked if he had any regrets, answered
"I wish I'd had more sex when I was young".
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

« Reply #31 on: Aug 31, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »

My preference is Edith Piaf the French version..

My regret is getting married far too young and not chasing a career ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #32 on: Aug 31, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
regrets?... i have a few....
but yesterday is history
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #33 on: Aug 31, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »
And tomorrow's still a mystery
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #34 on: Aug 31, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »
I would love to ram those last two lines done the throats of those 'taking the knee'

I would never take the knee for anyone.

When much younger and more agile I had a period of doing amateur dramatics when I learned to curtsey properly without falling over. Nowadays a simple bow is considered sufficient even when greeting the queen.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Aug 31, 2020, 03:11:41 PM »

My regret is getting married far too young and not chasing a career ..

Me too in a way, but then we wouldn't have our children.  Your daughter took up a career as did mine, and they're successful. So proud of both my children, as I'm sure you are.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #36 on: Aug 31, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »

My daughter has been lucky in her career she was in the right place at the right time.. She didn’t go to University.. just college.

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #37 on: Sep 01, 2020, 06:44:04 AM »
Regret not finishing course to be an architect...because that summer, during the holidays, met Micky...In London, I became a Dress designer instead, and made lots of very beautiful Wedding gowns....No regrets about that ! gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #38 on: Sep 01, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »

After seeing and reading of all the changes that are going on all over the world and my country of birth becoming crowded and so different from what I once knew I regret leaving Australia..

Bee

« Reply #39 on: Sep 01, 2020, 12:31:28 PM »
I have lived in 2 different countries and for me home will always be best and ever more so. ;D ;D
The only way is up....

biglouis

« Reply #40 on: Sep 01, 2020, 12:41:00 PM »
I regret not having left home earlier. Its dirt cheap to live with your parents and much more expensive to live on your own. The sense of freedom I got that first day I moved into my own flat and closed the door when the removal guy had gone was wonderful. It reminds me of those Zoopla adverts when the young couple get their own place and immediately begin bonking so hard the picture falls off the wall!

Scrumpy

« Reply #41 on: Sep 01, 2020, 12:52:30 PM »
I regret not having left home earlier. Its dirt cheap to live with your parents and much more expensive to live on your own. The sense of freedom I got that first day I moved into my own flat and closed the door when the removal guy had gone was wonderful. It reminds me of those Zoopla adverts when the young couple get their own place and immediately begin bonking so hard the picture falls off the wall!

Bonking so hard the picture falls off the wall..

biglouis... 
You little devil you.. Have you got time between packing to tell us about it..!! The site could do with a bit of lively action.. ;)

mick607

« Reply #42 on: Sep 01, 2020, 12:58:05 PM »
bonking so hard the picture falls off the wall!
But I thought you said you didn't like the physical side of a relationship ?

Scrumpy

« Reply #43 on: Sep 01, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »
Biglouis.... We are all waiting.. Don’t be shy love.. You are among friends...

biglouis

« Reply #44 on: Sep 01, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »
Perish the thought that I should be shy talking about sex when I once worked as a telephone domanatrix!

Its a TV advert for Zoopla the online estate agents. It simply shows you a flat that a young couple have just moved into. Then it says the thing they appreciate most is not having to live with the inlaws. Then you hear the bed springs going, classic grunting, and a picture falls off the wall!
My living room in my new flat was next to the bedroom in the adjoining flat. Night after night I could hear the young couple "at it" when I was watching TV. I found it quite amusing but decided to tell them when I saw them as perhaps they did not realise that their private life was not so private. So one night I knocked at their door - and it was answered by two young men! They invited me in for coffee and I realised they were a gay couple. This was the early 1960s and homosexual acts were not decriminalised until 1967. I warned them that they could be heard through the wall and possibly the floor as well.

They were two very pleasant young men and we became good friends. When they found out i was going to Venice on holiday they asked if I could bring them back a "chinzy ornament" for the flat. I brought them a gondola music box which rocked and played "O Sole Mio". They loved it.

I have always found it easy to be friends with gay men.