Author Topic: Is time nowdays going faster ?  (Read 744 times)

biglouis

Re: Is time nowdays going faster ?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 01, 2020, 01:17:38 PM »
I was never interested in sport at school and never saw the value of it. I was a swat. My sister loved sport and when she went to the same school she was sick of being compared with me. She loved swimming, netball, rounders and hockey. She was not academic.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »
Fortunately, we aren’t all the same
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »
If it wasn't for sport biglouis I would be a very lonely person. Golf is a game for all age groups male or female being good at it doesn't really matter. It gives you exercise and enjoyable company

GrannyMac

« Reply #18 on: Sep 01, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »
We're of an age when we are entitled to choose our recreation. Golf has been good for you Hugh, you've told us that its helped with your fitness.   I've never been much good at sports, but I enjoy going to the pool at the gym. I hope its opening up again soon.  I can exercise in the water without pain!

I'd as soon sit down with a book, as an only child with older parents, reading was a big part of my childhood and I rarely go anywhere without a book in my bag. Pleased to say our library reopened today, they are operating a 'click and collect' service.  I took back the books that I read at the beginning of lockdown, and picked up one that I'd ordered.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
Golf is like sex
you dont need to be good at it to enjoy it
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »
The GYM I use been open several weeks now GM. I go most mornings and do a mixture walking and swimming because of my knee. A slot as to be book so they can keep numbers down on a visit.

Raven

« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:14:30 PM »
The GYM I use been open several weeks now GM. I go most mornings and do a mixture walking and swimming because of my knee. A slot as to be book so they can keep numbers down on a visit.

Our pool reopened this week Hugh but I'm scared to go back. Too many virus clusters appearing where things are opening up. Ok not up here BUT......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:15:36 PM »
I think that is wise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #23 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
Keep your distance Raven and you will be safe as houses, clusters are happening where they are not. Chemicals in the pool water will kill any virus. You are just wasting your life by not enjoying your morning swim. By swimming and keeping fit you are unlikely be harmed by the virus even if you did get it pretty much like the flu which is killing more people than covid if the truth was known.