Author Topic: 6,000 male suicides last year  (Read 1474 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: 6,000 male suicides last year
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2020, 08:33:28 PM »
I’d kick myself, but I’d probably miss.😁
Must say that, like many, I guess, I find this forum a good place to be
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »
have 6 young grandsons in their twenties....struggling to find stable jobs....still living with their parents...It is a bit worrying with all these uncouraging news doing the rounds.  Trying hard to make the best of each day. gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2020, 12:32:05 PM »
That must be worrying for their parents too. Is the job market particularly poor where they live?

That was the case with my son after he finished university. He  got some low paid temp work whilst back living at home with us.  South Yorkshire in the early 90s wasnt thriving. It's a long time ago but I remember it got him down.  An IT course helped him into a career but he had to move away to find it. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

digitalis

« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2020, 12:51:50 PM »
Very worrying for young folk here theseadays. Especially male. I am prejudiced: I see gilrs/ladies(wotuwill),more liely to study and not to be so impetuous. This is how you get on: toe the line,keep your head down. Men seem to be more impulsive,more likely to take risks. Also,wherein men were expected to take the lead on dating and so on,now...its more nuanced and any 'forward' move can be taken,stored and then used against them come any disputation whether in work or play,or both

Probably best to turn and try to be gay if you are a man theseadays. I havent tried it. But the primary schools seem to be saying its okay!!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 2020, 12:57:23 PM »
To be fireproof claim to be black, transvestite and an immigrant - can't fail
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #20 on: Sep 04, 2020, 02:42:09 PM »
I don't think so. 

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Sep 04, 2020, 02:50:33 PM »
i just think we are lucky Granny, we seem to see coloureds different to hardly anyone on here
 i have known quite a few Gays [erm not in the biblical sense] there is a couple in my wider family
i have only known a couple of transvestites and they were really nice... erm... ladies
i have seen a lot more in India than here...
if my son had walked in wi a frock on god knows how i might have reacted... come to think of it he wasnt a happy chappie when i donned my Kilt... ;D ;D ;D :o
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2020, 03:04:50 PM »
i just think we are lucky Granny, we seem to see coloureds different to  ̶m̶o̶s̶t some on here

There. Fixed that for you.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Sep 04, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »
I dunno..Seems like anybody who sees these things in a different light are 'snowflakes', those who try to help are 'virtue-signalling'..Though I'm not a great one for labels I'll take those over 'bigot' every time.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Sep 04, 2020, 03:50:16 PM »
thanx Klondike....
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Sep 04, 2020, 03:52:32 PM »
There are certainly many virtue signallers among the famous, great and good. Did Lineker take in the asylum seeker for the asylum seeker's benefit or his own given the amount of stick he had been taking over his overblown BBC fees? Why now?

GrannyMac

« Reply #26 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:45:16 PM »
I dunno..Seems like anybody who sees these things in a different light are 'snowflakes', those who try to help are 'virtue-signalling'..Though I'm not a great one for labels I'll take those over 'bigot' every time.

I have to agree z.

R. Gervais

GrannyMac

« Reply #27 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
There are certainly many virtue signallers among the famous, great and good. Did Lineker take in the asylum seeker for the asylum seeker's benefit or his own given the amount of stick he had been taking over his overblown BBC fees? Why now?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8623095/Gary-Lineker-welcome-migrants-home-calls-Tory-MP-offer-house.html

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #28 on: Sep 05, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
Will you be following suit yourself?

Before you ask I won't.

Jacqueline

« Reply #29 on: Sep 05, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »
If we are talking about bigotry here, surely liberal anything goes types won't see the polar opposite opinion either so you could equally call them bigots?

Anyone else having problems with the site, or is it my computer?  I can't get the list up at the bottom of the message boards that tells you the latest postings.