Author Topic: Am I the only one.....?  (Read 285 times)

granny moss

Am I the only one.....?
« on: Sep 02, 2020, 08:43:51 AM »
I have just finished doing my groceries order on line...Then, paid my card at the Bank (on line) loads of blooming passwords etc etc...Sometimes it is smooth...sometimes it is hell....depends how passwords and computer behaves...Sometimes the groceries are easy to find...sometime the search facility sends up the wrong item...sometime, the passwords get rejected and I get the bridges and  the cars.... The Bank sends me round the bend...many times with checks and more puzzles to resolve before I can safely enter my accounts.... I am really much too old for all this ....I feel quite exhausted...and will do absolutely NOTHING for the rest of this day...gmx

Michael Rolls

Re: Am I the only one.....?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2020, 08:50:29 AM »
Very wise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Traveller

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »
No, you're not the only one.
I spent most of my working life in IT, a lot of which was for major UK and European banks.  I've grown to dislike computers, but accept them as a necessary evil.  I've just been P***ed off checking my bank accounts, having to get 'one-time pass codes' on the phone etc..  I generaly only check once a month to see if my pensions have been paid in OK, and there are no unexpected bills.

I've never done any food shopping on-line (unless you count wine!), but when you live in the sticks,  on-line shopping for obscure items on Ebay or Amazon is a great help.
You'll have had your tea.

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2020, 07:13:51 AM »
The more I stay indoors....the more I dread the thought of having to go out.....Agrophobia ? I am getting quite paniky just thinking about it !  Am I the only one feeling like this? :'( gmx

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2020, 07:48:22 AM »
Not sure where you are, but here in Scotland, there are frequent ads. on TV for "Clear your head" which aims to address the exact things you are experiencing.   I don't have quite the same issues, but I'm much more cautious since 'lockdown' was relaxed and more people are out and about.

Please don't let yourself become a prisoner to this.  Is there anyone who can accompany you for short outings to get the confidence back?
You'll have had your tea.