Author Topic: how we cope with allergies,and health problems,  (Read 384 times)

Alfred

how we cope with allergies,and health problems,
« on: Sep 03, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »
Most likely someone in a family will have at sometime or other an allergy,
be it milk. nuts , soya,  the common cold , hay fever, plus numerous others that occur some seasonal. others in food,

asthma. sneezing,  smokers cough, drugs , drink, and yet the human body copes with many many, problems many of which can be overcome  or treated through medication,

then comes panic attacks, acrophobia, even fears, of just about anything else also for some people  comes with the fear of say spiders, insects, and so on, stress, worry, anxiety, its amazing just how the human body can and does cope with all these things, and carries on on a day to day basis ,and we manage to shrug it off and smile at the world and all its problems,

so with some one in good and full health they must be the luckiest people on earth,  so i wonder how many millions  are that lucky , better than a lottery win,

Q; have you any thoughts on the way we cope with all these problems and yet carry on regardless, as usual it'll make interesting reading reading your thoughts and comments,

Scrumpy

Re: how we cope with allergies,and health problems,
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »

BECAUSE WE ARE BRITISH... STIFF UPPER LIP.. WE CARRY ON REGARDLESS.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:42:04 AM »
Unless it's man flu!
Mike 😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2020, 09:57:56 AM »
Pointless trying for a GP. You'll have either got better or died before you get in with mine. Sometimes you might get there but for most things you'll get sent home and told to take paracetamol. If you are over 50 they'll want you to take statins as they have targets for them.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2020, 10:10:37 AM »
My cleaning lady was concerned earlier in the week that one of her fingers suddenly swelled up to twice its normal size and was painful. I've had that sort of thing happen in the past and been prescribed anti-inflammatory tablets, which have worked. Angie phoned the health centre and described the problem to a nurse who said 'Can you e-mail a picture of the finger?' 'No' said Angie 'I don't have that sort of phone'
'Oh, in that case I'll get a doctor to phone you.' Doctor duly phoned and upon being told of the problem said 'can you email us a picture!' 'In that case, if it doesn't go down in a week or so get in touch again'
Thankfully, whatever it was was short-lived - 72 hours later the finger was more or less back to normal
Mike

stellamaris

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2020, 07:35:37 PM »
I have received two texts and an email urging me to get a flu vaccination and told to phone the doctors' surgery.   I tried yesterday, four times, and it was engaged.  I tried this morning and got through to automated messages that went on for 12 minutes.  Pressing numbers, going around in circles, and eventually being told the lines were busy and to try later.   Tried later and hung on, and on, and on and eventually spoke to someone who offered a vaccination about 4 miles away.  It was in an awkward place which would require one bus and then more than a half mile hike, getting up to a high bridge across an almost motorway and then navigating roundabouts .   I asked how much it would cost for me to go to Boots? She then found an appointment for me in the surgery on 9 October.   [She first said September but quickly glossed over that and said October twice.]

The automated messages are now saying that in an emergency phone 999.  This is a complete turn around, because not so long ago they got very annoyed if you phoned 999 off your own bat.  I once got a call when I was in a hospital bed, on a drip and other indignities to book an appointment with a doctor about the 999 call.  As the conversation went on I remember one sentence from her "What, you are in the hospital NOW???"
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2020, 08:08:00 PM »
I didn't realise you live so near to me. You must as we seem to have the same doctors.

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2020, 08:37:34 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I phoned my local chemist to ask about the flu jab.. They told me to get back in touch in two weeks and they will arrange a time for me..
I usually go to the doctors who have an open clinic.. They send out a text giving dates.. They have not done this yet.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »
We usually get a letter, I think latter half of September, but with everything that is going on, I do wonder what will happen this year. Phoning the surgery mid-October, I was taken aback to be offered an appointment just before Christmas, so had it done at Boots in the beginning of November.
Mike

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2020, 09:50:28 AM »
I'll take a flu jab for the first time this year. I hadn't realised that so many die from it each year until it got publicised in the articles on Covid. There is a chemist across the road from me that does it.

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
I have given up on local doctors.  The paramedics that called on me about two, or was it 3 years ??? ago, told me to call 999, and they never mind coming and giving a blood test, and the heart, etc. They are always so lovely. gmx  I used to have panic attacks....they feel like having a heart attack !!!! You CANNOT breathe ! Very scary !. Do not wish them to anyone.  gmx