Author Topic: Relax.  (Read 867 times)

Raven

Relax.
« on: Sep 09, 2020, 08:15:49 AM »
Things have been getting tense lately and I thought we could all do with a bit of a laugh.  8) ;D :D :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6edDwphhk

Hugh

Re: Relax.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
Benny Hill a national treasure of the past  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have you started your  daily swimming routine yet Raven. I now go most mornings and do a mixture of walking and swimming in the pool to keep myself as fit as possible. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:00:35 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
The chances of seeing his like on TV ever again other than on one of those channels you rarely reach when looking for something worth watching before turning the TV off are slim indeed.

The new BBC DG has said he will be looking to get rid of their surfeit of left wing comedians but said nothing about the boring oh so woke anti Brexit crew that pollute all their output. Do ITV even produce any comedy these days?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:34:55 AM »
The chances of seeing his like on TV ever again other than on one of those channels you rarely reach when looking for something worth watching before turning the TV off are slim indeed.

The new BBC DG has said he will be looking to get rid of their surfeit of left wing comedians but said nothing about the boring oh so woke anti Brexit crew that pollute all their output. Do ITV even produce any comedy these days?
Yes, but they call it the news (as does the BBC)
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:57:51 AM »
I love Benny Hill, young family member thinks his comedy unacceptable these days. 

I think youngsters comedy unacceptable.  The likes of that Mrs Brown, the Asian bloke with the beard, dreadful rubbish.

Raven you wanted to cheer us up, now I'm in full Victor Meldrew mode, I love Victor Meldrew, probably the end of my comedy era.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:02:15 AM »
Benny Hill a national treasure of the past  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have you started your  daily swimming routine yet Raven. I now go most mornings and do a mixture of walking and swimming in the pool to keep myself as fit as possible.

No Hugh, there are far too many of these outbreaks of the virus breaking out as things open up. I'm far too wary at the moment.. :'(

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:03:17 AM »
I watched - by accident - a few minutes of Mrs Brown about 4 years ago? Never again - appalling rubbish - and yet I understand that it is popular - beats me.
Mike

Raven

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
Did anyone ever wonder what happened to Benny Hill? Sad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOGnr_LgS6Q

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:07:34 AM »
Benny Hill was considered 'risque', he was very funny.  i've found lots of comedy funny over the years.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »
My favourite comedy times.  Benny Hill ( but he could be naughty....) The two Ronnies, Ernie and Wise, Some mothers do have them....Liver birds....Dinner ladies...So many so good and always entertaining...And so many others...Arthur Askey ! Busy busy bee...sting who you like, but do'nt sting me !!!!

All the comedians I think are not really funny anymore !....Micky and I were so lucky in the 50s we went to Wembley Arena to a Charity special comedy night. They were all there, performing on the large stage ! The Beverly sisters, and all the others of that time !!! Also at the Whitehall theater we saw, Will any gentleman ? and Who goes there? and other comedy farce.

We were not rich, but could afford to go to Convent garden ballet, in the stalls. And the Opera....You need a bit of money these days to go to those places ! Dinner at Sympsons, Drinks at the Savoy grill....and take taxis to go to these places....We were young and had a wonderful time, while it lasted ! 
I think now, we may be witnessing the end of an era.... The 50s and 60s were definetely the best years of all, up to now. gmx

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
I'm surprised that Benny Hill is so universally popular here given the reaction to that pretty tame bit of smutty innuendo the other day. Have attitudes changed since the Benny Hill days and a full episode of his show be met with less enthusiasm by those here.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »
I much prefer his type of comedy, with a hint of wickedness and lots of other underlying hints. I liked Benny Hill, Alf Garnet, Jim Davidson.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2020, 11:26:02 AM »
Til' Death was clever humour. The scripts were brilliant satire, we were meant to laugh at Alf, not with him. I think Johnny Speight was a brave writer.  https://www.thejc.com/culture/tv/i-fear-more-laughed-with-alf-garnett-than-at-him-1.62870

Morecambe & Wise, Norman Wisdom, the two Ronnies, Open All Hours, Porridge, Only Fools & Horses, Victoria Wood, Dinner Ladies, Fawlty Towers, Peter Cooke & Dudley Moore, Billy Connolly and too many more to name. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »

No Hugh, there are far too many of these outbreaks of the virus breaking out as things open up. I'm far too wary at the moment.. :'(

Where is your swimming pool Raven, all out breaks are in cities. Mainly Glasgow I believe. Because of my blood condition I have to be extra careful but it won't stop me exercising. On entering my club a mask have to be worn, temperature check and your hands cleaned. Once in the pool the chlorine would kill any bug. Covid going to be with us for years I expect and you not going to the pool your fitness will suffer.