Author Topic: Is Boris becoming delusional? IMO yes.  (Read 705 times)

klondike

Is Boris becoming delusional? IMO yes.
« on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
This article in the Mail says he hopes for 10 million covid tests a day which is reckoned would cost £100bn. It sounds like absolute pie in the sky to me and given the problem with false positives completely unworkable which puts me in line with many of his advisers apparently.

Having a PM go loony is no new thing but has never worked out well (think Heath, think Blair) but this man will have a huge input into our future dealings with the EU. Can he be trusted not to capitulate to get some BS deal that he claims is just great - same as his withdrawal agreement which is holier than Swiss cheese and they are desperately trying to make something close to workable by making laws allowing HMG to ignore it (no bad thing imo).

Anyway the article about the latest pipedream of this increasingly delusional apology for a PM...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8715817/PM-plans-spend-entire-NHS-budget-bid-test-Briton-week.html
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

Re: Is Boris becoming delusional? IMO yes.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:33:11 AM »
I can't see the point myself presumably because there isn't one. They already know the risk level is low.  In fact the whole thing is getting beyond ridiculous.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:51:34 AM »
OOOOOHHH. A Covid denier. And amongst all us poor old fogies too. You'll be saying the government over-reacted and are doubling down next. They'll be having the thought police on you as sure as eggs is turnips.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:56:35 AM »
Assuming an individual tester can perform 100 tests a day   - that allows 4.8 minutes per test - that would need 10,000 staff. Where are they to come from? Will they be new staff or existing staff reassigned? Testing ten million a day means the entire population can be tested in 7-8 working days. Then what? Test everyone again?
This seems like - although at the other end of the spectrum - the sort of idea Dr. Vernon Coleman might have come up with
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2020, 12:03:30 PM »
As I understood it everybody going into work each day or to some event or other would take the test which gave a very quick result before they were allowed in. No extra testers just millions upon millions of testing devices each day. Expect environmentalists to be finding discarded test devices wedged up dolphins nether regions within days of it starting.

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »
Oh dear, no wonder so many people are opting out of lockdown, masks and social distancing etc.

Chris went to Azda on saturday and there were less than a third wearing masks (he had one on). No one was social distancing or following the arrows.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
When they pass on the virus on to us oldies and kill us off they will be happy. So pleased I have no young visitors coming to my home.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
Oh dear, no wonder so many people are opting out of lockdown, masks and social distancing etc.

Chris went to Azda on saturday and there were less than a third wearing masks (he had one on). No one was social distancing or following the arrows.

Our Morrisons still has a separate entrance & exit but apart from that the movement round the store is now back to normal with no one-way system or controlled access into the store.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »
I think a lot of the younger ones are totally delusional. They can think what they like, but I will carry on as I have been throughout this virus. Meaning I go out early with the dog and also to the get the messages before most people are up and about. I refuse to go to pubs and out for meals or even back to the pool. I am not taking chances especially as the numbers are rocketing back up.
If people want to catch it and die FINE, that's their choice but they will not be getting anywhere near to me and mine to pass it on.

Flying bomb

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:50:29 PM »
Moonshot is a loada moonshine.
Boris has caught Trumpitus.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »
I think a lot of the younger ones are totally delusional. They can think what they like, but I will carry on as I have been throughout this virus. Meaning I go out early with the dog and also to the get the messages before most people are up and about. I refuse to go to pubs and out for meals or even back to the pool. I am not taking chances especially as the numbers are rocketing back up.
If people want to catch it and die FINE, that's their choice but they will not be getting anywhere near to me and mine to pass it on.

We're the same, my wife doesn't go out, apart from medical appointments, & I only go out to get the shopping & spend as little time in the store as possible, no wandering round as I know exactly what we need & what aisle things are on.

If Boris did nothing he'd be dubbed as an irresponsible fool & when he takes action, based on a best guess from medical experts, he's dubbed as a delusional fool.

I'll take the advice of a delusional fool any day of the week.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »
I have broke rules right from the start BUT kept social distance, wear a mask when required and not gone in any shop when crowded. I was one of those who should have stayed in doors all the time, but took my dog out every morning very early and rare person I met I kept at least 2 metre clear.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2020, 08:34:06 AM »
Delingpole's take on the six in a bed roll over rules.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/09/10/boris-johnson-has-led-a-fascist-coup-against-the-united-kingdom/

TLDR; Boris is needlessly panicing.

Raven

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »
deleted

Ashy

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:54:10 PM »
Tilting at windmills.