Author Topic: How likely is a second wave?  (Read 739 times)

Scrumpy

Re: How likely is a second wave?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 12, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
Perhaps it was just her and I was drunk then.

;D ;D ;D
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

GrannyMac

« Reply #31 on: Sep 12, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »
to be honest when our Alan visited about '59' he said 'he had never seen so many ugly women in one place at the same time.'

Phew, that was well before my move South! ☺️
There is nothing more frightful than the ignorant in action.

Cassandra.

crabbyob

« Reply #32 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »
i'm sure your arrival raise the level Granny
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »
Guess that's it for the second wave then.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

crabbyob

« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:43:28 PM »
i'm still trying to avoid the first wave

David G

« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
Lockdown masks washing hands social distancing self isolating and it looks like a second National lockdown is looming. It's going well then, bye bye economy it would seem like the virus is winning.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

klondike

« Reply #36 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:37:07 AM »
It seem s like the panic merchants might. Why do we never get numbers for hospital admissions but just woolly things like doubling every 8 days with no base figure given.

biglouis

« Reply #37 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:02:26 AM »
I participate in a major opinion poll every week (YUGOVE) and according to the latest figures 75% are very dissatisfied with the way the government and the media have handled this.

Ive had 2 delivery people so far today and neither wore a mask or seemed worried about social distancing. I suspect that more and more people of all ages (not just generation Z) are thoroughly fed up and are gradually opting out of rules which they see as misleading and irrelevant. Soon it will be only the "oldies" who comply.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #38 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:03:35 AM »
I think you are right
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #39 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »
It's probably only the oldies that actually need to.

David G

« Reply #40 on: Sep 18, 2020, 12:10:35 PM »
Hancock is still chanting the slogan hands face and space. It isn't working.
What are the countries who are doing MUCH better than us doing that we aren't ?.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Ashy

« Reply #41 on: Sep 18, 2020, 12:40:48 PM »
It seem s like the panic merchants might. Why do we never get numbers for hospital admissions but just woolly things like doubling every 8 days with no base figure given.
Far too woolly and incomplete. We never get figures for recovery but we have had days when reported deaths were more than serious or critical cases. I think the media just pull figures out of the air, mince them up and spit them out in any random order.
Parking is such street sorrow.

crabbyob

« Reply #42 on: Sep 18, 2020, 12:50:37 PM »
I think the media just pull figures out of the air, mince them up and spit them out in any random order.
lol, so do we think they have just began using this tactic or has it always been that way
i wonder just how honestly they reported the Battle of Britain                               how many of you knew about the Polish contribution about them flying Spitfires that Poland had bought and how many Germans, the poles the canadians the ausies and the yanks who also flew in that battle shot down?, were any of them even mentioned?...
no, our media all must first qualify from the Hans Christian Anderson school of Journalism

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Sep 18, 2020, 01:17:04 PM »
I think the media just pull figures out of the air, mince them up and spit them out in any random order.
lol, so do we think they have just began using this tactic or has it always been that way
i wonder just how honestly they reported the Battle of Britain                               how many of you knew about the Polish contribution about them flying Spitfires that Poland had bought and how many Germans, the poles the canadians the ausies and the yanks who also flew in that battle shot down?, were any of them even mentioned?...
no, our media all must first qualify from the Hans Christian Anderson school of Journalism
It depends on what source you read - certainly the Telegraph has covered the various contributions fairly well over the years. The Poles flew in 302 and 303 squadrons and there were also some Czech pilots with them. There were also pilots from the West Indies, Eire, even one Israeli. I've not heard of Poland buying Spitfires before - certainly they didn't have any on charge in Poland. What is the source, please?
During the BoB 302 and 303 were equipped with Hurricanes, converting to Spitfires in January 1941
Mike
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2020, 01:21:03 PM by Michael Rolls »
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #44 on: Sep 18, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »
its just something i have read Mike, there was a polish squadron bought and paid for by the poles themselves.... but i'm sure you know of all the nationalities..
my point is it would not have been mentioned at that time...
"Had it not been for the magnificent material contributed by the Polish squadrons and their unsurpassed gallantry," wrote Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding, head of RAF Fighter Command, "I hesitate to say that the outcome of the Battle (of Britain) would have been the same."[7]
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2020, 01:31:06 PM by crabbyob »