Author Topic: How likely is a second wave?  (Read 3461 times)

xetog

Re: How likely is a second wave?
« Reply #330 on: Oct 17, 2020, 06:21:52 PM »
Agreed.  We have a young relative and her friend who went to stay with my daughter and her husband in London last weekend.  Perfectly allowable, but now London has become a level 2 city, they should not stay.  They have however ignored the rule and declared their intention to remain until Monday even though it could bring my daughter huge fines.  She doesn't feel she can just throw them out and they seem quite happy to potentially cost her a fine.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

biglouis

« Reply #331 on: Oct 17, 2020, 08:21:01 PM »
How is anyone going to know who your daughter has staying with her and for how long unless her neighbours are snitches? Mrs Gunga Din next door repeatedly broke th rules during lockdown. Much as I hate the woman I have not grassed her up.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

xetog

« Reply #332 on: Oct 17, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »
I don't think they will snitch, but it is really the principle.

Mike.X

Temperence

« Reply #333 on: Oct 17, 2020, 10:39:16 PM »
Thats like saying that the people I house sit for should not be travelling to different parts of the country or even different parts of the world just because they have homes there.  I dont make moral judgements about why people choose to travel. For my part I am travelling to do a job of work - to provide a pet and house caring service, and travel for work is allowed even under the lock down. I am not a tourist although I may enjoy the benefits of being able to travel to a more pleasant area than the one in which I live.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Michael Rolls

« Reply #334 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:15:49 AM »
I continue to be puzzled by the contradictions. Apparently Liverpool Airport is in an area of the tightest restrictions and you canít travel from the area to other parts of the UK, but you can board an aircraft and fly to foreign parts.
The BBC asked government soutces what has to happen for an area to be moved into a lower tier. Still waiting for an answer
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #335 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »
The BBC asked government soutces what has to happen for an area to be moved into a lower tier. Still waiting for an answer
Persumably either the "infection levels" by whatever method they choose to measure that by have to fall to what the "science" deems acceptable. Alternately when Whitty and Valance have to be sacked or die. It seems that the national figures may be showing  signs of a plateau appearing but it will be a week or more for that to be clear as there are only 3 days of the "cases" falling and strangely deaths too. Deaths should obviously be the last to fall. Numbers for hospital admissions are several days behind.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #336 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
It does seem logical, doesn't it? So why didn't the BBC get an answer, I wonder?
Mike

xetog

« Reply #337 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »
I don't agree with the rules either, but I keep to them so that i can't be accused of spreading the virus.

Mike.X

Michael Rolls

« Reply #338 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »
Actually, being at a fair degree of risk, I probably am more strict than myself than 'legally' necessary - but that's no excuse for ruining the country
Mike

Ashy

« Reply #339 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »
Religions do not have to give answers.
Stand up, or give up.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #340 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
In fact, they don't
Mike

Ashy

« Reply #341 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:47:43 PM »
And the same zealots will use the same technique on the excuses of climate change. Unless we can stop them life will become very miserable for many of us.
Stand up, or give up.

crabbyob

« Reply #342 on: Oct 18, 2020, 01:19:09 PM »
it seems there is no cure as of yet, so what should the govt do, the virus is spread by person to person, so by keeping clear of folks we have a chance of protecting ourselves, its all they can do, try to keep us apart else some of us will be wiped out... now that might be ok with you and if so...DOH....
why are we always going thru numbers to prove what?.. folks are still dying, thats the only relevant fact.
so please self isolate whenever possible...you know it makes sense ...
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

klondike

« Reply #343 on: Oct 18, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
There were close to 50,000 now that the lockdown didn't save and we are told that there were thousands of excess non-Covid deaths caused by the virtual shutdown of the NHS for anything other than Covid. In fact the only thing that the lockdown can undisputedly be shown to have achieved is a drop in GDP of over 20% and thousands upon thousands of lost jobs and ruined businesses.

From the NHS weekly stats within https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/10/COVID-19-total-announced-deaths-15-October-2020-weekly-file.xlsx which I've pulled out to add percentages and is shown as an image below you can see that of all our covid deaths only 4.68% had no known existing health problem. You can bet your bottom dollar that a lot of that 4.68% probably had a health problem that hadn't been recorded too.  Only 1% were under 60 years old.

There is plenty of evidence that lockdowns cause more problems than they solve.

"We need to do something. A lockdown is something. OK let's do that." That no longer makes any sort of sense at all.

biglouis

« Reply #344 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »
You do not need to be a mathematical genius to see how these so called statistics have been manipulated and falsified out of all proportion.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.