Author Topic: Spooky!  (Read 626 times)

zoony

Spooky!
« on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:46:56 AM »
  A week or two ago my mate visited with his granddaughter, Mia who is 2 'n a bit and enjoys exploring upstairs. On getting home she was talking to grandma about her visit and mentioned talking to "that lady..". She insisted on this despite there being no lady here. Okay so far. She was here again a couple of days ago and at one point my mate and I could hear her upstairs, chattering away, and when she came down seemed angry..Slamming the door and shouting at 'granddad' about "promising no drinking.." She carried on slamming and shouting despite being told to stop and when asked, was obviously annoyed about something but she calmed down and all was well when she left. Asked about her visit by her nana, she again mentioned 'talking to that lady'..Mia's a lovely, well-tempered kid, not known for shouting and slamming doors, unlike my dead mum!.
I heard about all this today when Dennis came and he's slightly
freaked out by it..I wondered what similar experience others may have had?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

Re: Spooky!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »

Zoony.. Do it think it's wise to allow a 2'n a bit to wander aound in your bedrooms...
 Does she go upstairs and come down when she likes.. without supervision.. !!

As for 'that lady'.. I'm sure it is your mum trying to get a message through..
You wouldn't catch me going into a house or room where there are 'extra' things present..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2020, 12:24:58 PM »
wonderful tale pal
why might a two year old lie
might there be a portrait of yer mom upstairs?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
Thought that might come up..I don't use the upstairs much these days and the bedrooms are closed..Only the bathroom open. Mia's very used to stairs, these are 'open' with banisters and railings and can be seen from my room..

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »
children are not made of glass and do not need to be watched and coddled at every step. We were not and we still grew up.

I daresay this is where some crass pinhead in charge of the communal brain cell for today will pop up and tell me I am not entitled to an opinion on children since I elected to have none.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »
children are not made of glass and do not need to be watched and coddled at every step. We were not and we still grew up.

I daresay this is where some crass pinhead in charge of the communal brain cell for today will pop up and tell me I am not entitled to an opinion on children since I elected to have none.
But you were a child yourself - so why should not having any children count against you? We soon learned what were and what were not good ideas
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
Spooky is right  😎  I'd be nervous, except if it is your Mum you know she means you no harm.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
Spooky is right  😎  I'd be nervous, except if it is your Mum you know she means you no harm.

You think so?..You didn't know my mum!.. ;D 
Strange enough but the fact that it's happened on two separate occasions, I didn't know about the first, is very peculiar..Hey ho..Weelsea.

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2020, 02:43:57 PM »
Children are more susceptible to apparitions  😀🔎

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »
I daresay this is where  s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y a fellow poster on Pensioners Forum will pop up and  t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶N̶O̶N̶E̶. suggest others who have relevant experience may seek to differ.
There. Fixed that for you.

Not that I actually disagree in this instance.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:30:06 PM »

Children are not made of glass...

I am quite aware of that.. I know that they do not need to be watched and coddled at every step..
What I meant.. and I am sure Zoony was aware .. is I do not think it wise to allow a tiny tot who is not a family member to roam about in an unfamiliar home.. Accidents happen..
  With regards.
Crass pinhead in charge of the communal brain for today.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
when do i get it Scrumps, its dark in here
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »
When I was about 10 years old, my mother and father went to Trieste because his very young sister died of TB. He lost all his sister to TB . I did not know anything about it.   The night they were away, I went to bed. My bed was placed along a wall.

I was laying with my back to the window. I had fallen a sleep. I felt an an arm around my shoulder and a voice whispering in my ear : Do not be afraid my love, is only me, Armida. I have come to say good bye....

She was 19 years old and I loved her to bits.   I shall never forget.   I also had several other similer happenings.   I  do not what to think of it. I  am keeping an open mind. gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:56:30 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D 

Clear off Crabby.... I’ve only had it for about an hour.. You can have it a 5:00.. GrannyMac takes it at 6:00..

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2020, 04:06:46 PM »

Children are not made of glass...

I am quite aware of that.. I know that they do not need to be watched and coddled at every step..
What I meant.. and I am sure Zoony was aware .. is I do not think it wise to allow a tiny tot who is not a family member to roam about in an unfamiliar home.. Accidents happen..
  With regards.
Crass pinhead in charge of the communal brain for today.

Scrumpy..We knew where she was, she knew where we were and her granddad is on the ball as far as she's concerned and would never place her in harm's way. Having said that, she has to learn what's what herself. Tiddlies can always find a way to hurt themselves.

cowboy wisdom.