Author Topic: England v Australia ODI  (Read 2585 times)

Cassandra

England v Australia ODI
« on: Sep 12, 2020, 01:49:48 PM »
An enigmatic performance from the Home team? Moeen Ali succeeded in getting his average of taking a wicket to over 50 runs a time, by failing to buy anything yesterday for whilst being slogged for 59! As soon as he rolled up I thought, ring the dinner gong boys - help yourselves! For once Woakes failed by his good standards, Jason Roy was perhaps unlucky, this mutation of the game is normally his pasture as a bully-bat.

Archer was good, so much bounce and he's enjoying it too under the excellent man management of Eion Morgan and it shows. Root - the damned even found another way to get out, he must be researching a thesis on the subject?

I hope we drop him completely. I'm not sure how you get in the million a year squad but maybe this system's acting as a barrier of entry preventing younger men from partaking? Root's a dismal failure as a captain and currently a listless batsman - A busted flush maybe? Where did Crawley go too?

No speed gun and I don't expect the sclerotic commentary team explained why? I watch the entire proceedings in silence these days in respect to what remains of my intellect.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

Re: England v Australia ODI
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2020, 02:59:47 PM »
I found their slump puzzling..Fair to say that the Aussie bowling was spot on all day but even so..Glad Sam Billings got a chance to shine even in a lost cause. He must be feeling a bit better about being so much in Stokes's shadow..
Now that we've lured 'em into a false sense of security they'll be easy pickings for the morrow.. 8)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »
Must say that I am searching my memory for the last time Root made a decent score. Really only two good batting performances from England, and two out of your top order is hardly going to make the grade
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »
England to bat, and I see both the Curran brothers are playing. I think is the first time that England have played two brothers since the Hollioakes.
Just shocked myself to realise that it is over 18 years since Ben died in that car crash - he would still only be 42

Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
England to bat, and I see both the Curran brothers are playing. I think is the first time that England have played two brothers since the Hollioakes.
Just shocked myself to realise that it is over 18 years since Ben died in that car crash - he would still only be 42
Mike

So pleased for them, both wonderful players and their parents must be overwhelmed with pride. Ben Hollioake such a precocious talent, such a cruel tragedy and I'll spare thoughts for his family too, on this notable day for the game.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2020, 01:48:20 PM »
Absolutely. Who knows what he might have achieved?
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »
Oh dear, not a good start - and without seeing who was at fault, it looks as though Root, 'enjoying' a very scratchy start, has run out his partner
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2020, 02:34:27 PM »
Scoring at under 4 an over does't seem very promising
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
Sadly, this already looks a lost cause
Mike

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:46:37 PM »
Another remarkable victory in a game England had no right to win. At 144-2 I was despairing before the Labuschagne wicket changed everything..Brilliant comeback after a very ordinary innings..How good were the Currans? and bowling opposite each other..Wokes at his best. Extraordinary game yet again. Sets up Wednesday beautifully.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »
Must admit I didn’t think England would lose - I thought that they would be smashed!
Incredible fight back
Mike

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2020, 01:48:08 AM »
I always expect England to win in whatever sporting endeavour they're engaged in. Until they don't. Then I wait until the next time and expect it again. I expect them to win on Wednesday however dour and determined the Aussies get. They can have a win or two Down Under but not here. >:( ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:40:36 AM »
👍👍👍👍

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2020, 11:11:09 AM »
I always expect England to win in whatever sporting endeavour they're engaged in. Until they don't. Then I wait until the next time and expect it again. I expect them to win on Wednesday however dour and determined the Aussies get. They can have a win or two Down Under but not here. >:( ;)

and sometimes you are proven correct
i think the same when Scotland plays at anything
someday i will be proven correct... perhaps when they play on fantasy island
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »
One thing that did surprise me - that stumping by Buttler which finished the game was his 36th across all formats. Had I been asked I would have hazarded a guess at half a dozen, if that! Only Godfrey Evans has made more stumpings for England - 46. However, whereas Evans completed his haul in 91 Tests (no one-day internationals back then), Buttler has needed 235 matches
Mike