Author Topic: Rage  (Read 1245 times)

zoony

Rage
« on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
  I've always considered myself an even-tempered sort of bloke but recently have found myself suddenly flying into a blind rage for the smallest of silly reasons! No idea why and it's only cost me a new alarm clock so far but it's not me and I don't like it..Any thoughts? :-\
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

Re: Rage
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
I have a lot of anger in my personality. Its not a part of myself I particularly like. When I was 11 I broke another childs nose. He was twice my size and a bully.

But its also that part of me I draw strength from when there are obstacles to be overcome or tasks to be completed when I dont feel like doing them. Like getting up when I feel lousy or packing parcels until midnight and beyond because there are customers waiting.

Every negative characteristic in my personality has its positive side and vice versa.

Rather than getting angry I now rely far more on my wits.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »
I've been a lot more uptight and my mood changes in a flash just lately. I think it's all down to having our way of life turned upside down. It's certainly altered things.

Bobcat

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »
I think the lock down and the various do's and don'ts around the virus has a lot do with rage. I'm usually very easy going but I have found the last 6 months awful. Our whole routine has been turned upside down, I have found myself getting very angry, usually with myself !!!

biglouis

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:31:40 PM »
I can see civil violence erupting in this country in the forseeable future if this loony government does not pull back from the brink.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
Can't say I get into a rage these days, takes too much energy. Irritation with the selfish and unthinking is more likely.

But then they irritated me before lockdown.   :-[

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:22:25 PM »
How did our parents cope with their ' lockdown'  during WWII  ?  Imagine spending hours in air raid shelters, not being able to buy fresh food, losing friends and family to Hitler's bombs ?  Although it hasn't been good these last few months, this country has seen far worse and bounced back.

Perhaps the rage we feel is Victor Meldrew syndrome and not Covid 19  😀

GrannyMac

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »
 ;D
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »

I am rather a placid person.. I don’t ‘ fly into a rage’ and never have .. However, I am not a walkover and will speak up for myself or others if I think them right...

I don’t throw things or break things because I then have to clear it up.. Bloody stupid..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
  Imagine spending hours in air raid shelters,

Yeah, I spent weeks down the  Anderson shelter with my parents, and they had the added hell of so many of those nights with little sleep, due to the noise of bombs and Ack Ack gunfire, but still had to do a  hard days work the following day.

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »
As I said, "I don't like it"..The reason I posted was that it's not normal for me and was curious as to whether others were experiencing non-normal emotions. Lockdown is more or less how my life is anyway and is no real problem so isn't the direct cause.. and I know things were worse during the war ffs.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
How did our parents cope with their ' lockdown'  during WWII  ?  Imagine spending hours in air raid shelters, not being able to buy fresh food, losing friends and family to Hitler's bombs ?  Although it hasn't been good these last few months, this country has seen far worse and bounced back.u

Perhaps the rage we feel is Victor Meldrew syndrome and not Covid 19  😀
It was very different. The rest was an easily identifiable cause - the Nazis - and and identifiable solution. Smash the sods!
This kruse is invisible, and we are bombarded with contradictory advice, much of which seems to fly in the face of common sense, leading to a sense of frustration and anger
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2020, 06:29:55 PM »
i have been known to go off on a ha'penny thing
but i am much milder now, but rarely back down from anything
except a gun of course, the guy with the gun is always right
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:00:30 PM »
As I said, "I don't like it"..The reason I posted was that it's not normal for me and was curious as to whether others were experiencing non-normal emotions. Lockdown is more or less how my life is anyway and is no real problem so isn't the direct cause.. and I know things were worse during the war ffs.

I know things were worse during the war ffs.

Calm down .. calm down.. Put that clock down..  ;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:04:25 PM »
Too late.. ???  Took me ages to find a quiet one..

cowboy wisdom.