Author Topic: Rage  (Read 1247 times)

Ashy

Re: Rage
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »
How did our parents cope with their ' lockdown'  during WWII  ?  Imagine spending hours in air raid shelters, not being able to buy fresh food, losing friends and family to Hitler's bombs ?  Although it hasn't been good these last few months, this country has seen far worse and bounced back.

Perhaps the rage we feel is Victor Meldrew syndrome and not Covid 19  😀
I do not think you could be arrested or fined for not wearing a gas mask or entering an air raid shelter.

Cassandra

« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »
How did our parents cope with their ' lockdown'  during WWII  ?  Imagine spending hours in air raid shelters, not being able to buy fresh food, losing friends and family to Hitler's bombs ?  Although it hasn't been good these last few months, this country has seen far worse and bounced back.Perhaps the rage we feel is Victor Meldrew syndrome and not Covid 19  😀

The oppression of this debacle differs markedly to the blitz I suggest. By it's direct confrontation with death and destruction, bombing united us against the previous German bully-boys of Europe. This so called 'Pandemic' by its convoluted insidious instructions, is an altogether more subtle and 'home grown' assault on our freedoms and liberty. Very like The Thought Police in Orwell's 1984?

People are latently waking up to the fear and drama the present Woke movements are dispensing worldwide - and it simply doesn't add up. Witness the superfluity of the 'Nightingale' hospitals, supposed ventilator shortages and how this virus was going to sweep the planet etc etc. Wasted capital combined with treating people as idiots cannot prevail.

You can't fool all the people all the time
As true as when Abraham Lincoln spoke those immortal words 134 years ago.

In parallel to the virus scare the emergence of even more woke, with BLM, BAME, LGBT, taking the knee etc etc. stuffed down our throats morning noon and night, not only are we about to die it seems as a seventh person enters the room - but deservedly - for being so evil.

The seemingly magical disappearance from TV's nationwide of most white people presenting, weather, news, in fact just about everything acts to increase division. The general feeling of subjugation and despondence emanating from the detached metropolis that is London, seemingly controlled by immigrants and neo liberals incites division as never before.

Our very liberty and freedom of speech is slowly being decimated by these people. Above all we are supposedly not permitted to even discuss these matters?

That whats happening and that's why the majority are on edge - I rest my case.

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »
Couldn’t agree more
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »
I'll concede my learned friend's excellent point however..All that makes me sad, sometimes irritated, amused or angry but I'm not sure it has such an effect as would provoke me, subconsciously, to such outbursts..Health issues are also uppermost in my worrying but, again, rage is not how I've ever handled such things..Hey ho, one for the psychotherapist. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

brian54

« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »
Don't worry. The 4.30 am running club is meeting next Saturday.

biglouis

« Reply #20 on: Sep 13, 2020, 11:38:53 PM »
But if these idiots bring in a 10pm - 5am curfew it will have to start at 5 am!

Why not just a curfew for generation Z?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:46:17 AM »
What happens to families with five children
?
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
dad moves out
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Sep 14, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »
Too many do already
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #24 on: Sep 14, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »
Lockdown is more or less how my life is anyway and is no real problem so isn't the direct cause.. " and I know things were worse during the war ffs."

My point about the war was in response to the ideas put forward that your " rage " could possibly be down to Covid 19 lockdown.  ffs 😎

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Sep 14, 2020, 02:28:16 PM »

My point about the war was in response to the ideas put forward that your " rage " could possibly be down to Covid 19 lockdown.  ffs 😎

I know Alex..I was in a bit of a strop..Apologies. :-[
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #26 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »
You did mention the possibility up front......  :)
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:28:07 PM »
Good job I know you....mind Cass too thought the freedom and liberty lost through Covid has no comparison to the freedom and liberty lost through the war.  I understand this of course, it's just that some of the people I've seen interviewed on TV, ranting on about lock down would have struggled had they been forced to eat spam and powdered eggs !

Michael Rolls

« Reply #28 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »
Powdered eggs weren't all that bad - and I loved Spam
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #29 on: Sep 14, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »
I still like Spam..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.