Author Topic: kitten  (Read 2444 times)

crabbyob

Re: kitten
« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
tomorrow morning granny try not to let the old lady in, we like the young Italian senorita we see so often
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

biglouis

« Reply #31 on: Sep 15, 2020, 12:27:07 AM »
Here is Buddy now in front of the "house" made for him out of a big box. As you can see he is now a fully grown cat.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Sep 15, 2020, 04:16:24 AM »
And a magnificent one!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #33 on: Sep 15, 2020, 07:44:26 AM »
Well we lost him last night and searched the house for ages.  He had got in a bottom drawer from underneath and was squashed in.  He is obviously not claustrophobic. 
He came out of his bed when I got up this morning and came to me for a cuddle and purred.
Kitten food firmly rejected but finely chopped chicken goes down well.
He's back in the drawer now.  I think we had better empty it because, as he grows, there may be a problem getting him out!
What have we let ourselves in for?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Sep 15, 2020, 08:47:36 AM »
Well we lost him last night and searched the house for ages.  He had got in a bottom drawer from underneath and was squashed in.  He is obviously not claustrophobic. 
He came out of his bed when I got up this morning and came to me for a cuddle and purred.
Kitten food firmly rejected but finely chopped chicken goes down well.
He's back in the drawer now.  I think we had better empty it because, as he grows, there may be a problem getting him out!
What have we let ourselves in for?
My first wife and I looked after a couple of kittens for someone for a couple of days. We put them in the almost unfurnished back bedroom with normal facilities. Next morning they were nowhere to be seen - it was summer time so we had left the top of the window open, but surely two little kittens could not have climbed about five feet of closed window to escape?
The one piece of furniture in the room was a small chest of drawers. What we hadn't realised was that the bottom drawer wasn't full depth, leaving a gap of about three inches - quite enough for two small kittens to exploit. Opened the drawer and there they were, curled up and happy amongst the drawer's contents - sweaters or the like
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #35 on: Sep 15, 2020, 08:57:15 AM »

What have we let ourselves in for..!!

Too late Sheila.. He has you in the palm of his hands.. The new  'Boss'.. You and OH come second..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #36 on: Sep 15, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »

... and once you feed him (real) chicken he will always want the best.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #37 on: Sep 15, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »

What have we let ourselves in for..!!

Too late Sheila.. He has you in the palm of his hands.. The new  'Boss'.. You and OH come second..

Yes, you are right Scrumpy.  I think my daughter and my husband wanted us to get him to keep us occupied because life as we know it is just not happening.  We hardly go out, holidays cancelled etc.

One daughter is at the other end of the country and my other won't let me near now that the children have gone back to school.  We had only met the grandchildren out of doors since March - no cuddles and I do miss them.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #38 on: Sep 15, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »

... and once you feed him (real) chicken he will always want the best.
Don't. First wife and I weren't exactly flush and were very pleased to find some tinned cat food a good bit cheaper than normal- but you had to buy a quantity - i think it may have been 24. We had 4 cats so got through a couple of tins a day, so this seemed a good idea. The little buggers refused point blank to touch it -  we ended up throwing it all away
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #39 on: Sep 15, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »

Michael.. You are so right.. Bertie, our family pet, will leave food untouched for the day if it doesn't suit him..
 Bloody spoilt.  ;D ;D

Raven

« Reply #40 on: Sep 15, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »
These two wee spoilt mogs are Charlie and Susie, both were rescue cats and they were the only ones I've ever had. Both passed away over 20 years ago now.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Sep 15, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »
But still in the memory - as are all of ours/mine over the years. Not been owned by a cat for over 33 years now.
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #42 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
The bed frame that Jay (Chris flatmate) has is only 4 inches off the floor and Buddy used to go under there as a kitten. Recently some men came to inspect the electricity and he ran under there. We have no idea how he got under because as you can see he is now quite a big cat. Its amazing the spaces cats manage to get into. One of his favorite places is a big box full of tinned food. It cant be very comfortable to lie on tins but he does.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Sep 15, 2020, 04:37:12 PM »
When we, my first wife and I had cats,  amongst them was Sam, of whom I have written before.  Sam wasn’t the brightest feline one ever met. In fact, he was a bit of Cheddar short of a mousetrap. As a kitten, when chased by one of the others, he would scuttle under the sideboard, which was too close to the ground for the adults to follow.
Then, as he grew, one occasion he was chased and tried his old hidey hole - he was now too big! The thump as he ran full tilt into it made one wince and I am sure he was seeing stars as he staggered away
Mike

Sheila

« Reply #44 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:54:30 AM »
Wow, what a difference in two and a half days.  He has us firmly under his little paw, has a fat tummy now and is very confident. 

He was such a frightened little thing and it’s lovely to see the change.

Kitten food firmly rejected but finely chopped chicken is good.  Heaven help us.

He’s very playful and has been running round and jumping up in the air this morning.