Author Topic: question of sport  (Read 63 times)

sparky

question of sport
« on: Sep 14, 2020, 01:07:52 PM »
I only watch a few BBC programmes, Eggheads was one, which they have now dumped, and question of sport with its excellent presenters is another for the chop. supposedly to present a more updated version, so I can imagine the new crew will be made up of a iffy bunch, and its a racing certainty, they will not all have white faces, the only other is  pointless, and even that I have to record, in order to skip through the infantile banter, between idiots  Osman and Armstrong.

Alex22

Re: question of sport
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »
The BBC is obsessed with diversity so middle aged white people get the red card !   I bettcha the panel will be replaced with 2 black people, or perhaps  a transexual or a lesbian , who knows with the Beeb.  Still glad I'm not paying into this *****   

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2020, 01:56:20 PM »
I only notice if they have an irritating voice, or an annoying accent, or they don't do the job very well. I'm sorry Dave from Eggheads died, wasn't he the only non white person in the team? Its a shame Eggheads will be no more (due to ageism!), I'm not a fan of Pointless.  I do enjoy Millionaire, especially when there's a big winner!
There is nothing more frightful than the ignorant in action.

Cassandra.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2020, 02:35:39 PM »
I understand that there is a programme (not that I have ever watched it) called pointless celebrities - couldn't have put it better myself
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2020, 03:02:22 PM »
From what I read the presenter Sue Barker and the two team captains Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell are to all be replaced with a younger more diverse group. The show has been running over 20 years. I will guarantee that the changes will see the number of viewers tank as they will alienate whoever currently watches it and fail to pick up the "yoof audience" they actually recognise that they need. The main reason they won't pick up the "yoof audience" is because they aren't watching free to air TV. They have Netflix subscriptions with which they can watch whatever, wherever and whenever they choose.

If the BBC continue to fail to recognise what is writ large and clear and move over to a subscription service offering what is actually wanted rather than the woke shіte they try to ram down everybodies throats they ain't going to know what hit them when the Tories get their revenge for left wing bias and Brexit coverage by pulling the licence fee when the charter gets renewed in a few years time.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2020, 05:03:55 PM »
Sue Barker, Tuffers and Dawson did not leave voluntarily. Seems short-sighted to ditch such popular characters and an existing audience for pie-in-the-sky wokism.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »
Its been running fifty years. I seem to remember when Sue Barker took over from David Coleman, just bringing a woman in as chair raised a few eyebrows.  😮

I do agree zoony, wrong decision, it would evolve naturally with younger guests.
There is nothing more frightful than the ignorant in action.

Cassandra.