Author Topic: illegal immigrants ,  (Read 3227 times)

Diasi

Re: illegal immigrants ,
« Reply #45 on: Sep 16, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
Of course they're not all fleeing for their lives. Similarly they're not all scrounging wasters.

The one's who were genuinely fleeing for their lives would, by common sense definition, be terrified & I'd expect them to claim asylum in the first safe country.

If you were being chased & were fleeing for your life would you:

a: bang on the first house door you could reach or

b: run until you found a house that you liked.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2020, 12:50:45 PM »
I'd have a satnav with me directing me to Linekers place

klondike

« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »
For housing perhaps they could repurpose those huge Nightingale hospitals they built because the Oxford buffoon told them to expect half a million dead and we ordered thousands of ventilators soon to be appearing on eBay as aquarium pumps.
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #48 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »
i would be sad to see Rita go as she is rarely opinionated and always friendly.....
i do disagree with Sparky 90% of the time, and of course disagree with him on this subject.
we should have an open door, but not an open till drawer, i think they should be cared for as the DPs were cared for after the war, they should not be allowed, free legal aid, and if these lawyers feel the need to represent them i cant for the life of me understand why we should be paying them to do it....
but stay with us Rita, there are subjects and posters i just ignore, and i think you should do the same...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #49 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »
crabbyob, given the vast number of possible  DPs there could be around the world, who seem to prefer the UK to many other locations, at what point would you say enough is enough ?, when we are treading on each others toes, IMO we are already overloaded with non Brits.

zoony

« Reply #50 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »
Of course they're not all fleeing for their lives. Similarly they're not all scrounging wasters.

No point reasoning with closed minds Mac. Each positive that they know exactly what the problem is, why it's as it is and how it should best be handled. I'm afraid anybody with any other view, no matter how informed, is whistling into the wind and I wouldn't waste what breath I have left.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #51 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:52:17 PM »
Well, at least I have admitted I don't have a solution - but disapprove of solutions involving murder
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #52 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »

No point reasoning with closed minds Mac. Each positive that they know exactly what the problem is, why it's as it is and how it should best be handled. I'm afraid anybody with any other view, no matter how informed, is whistling into the wind and I wouldn't waste what breath I have left.

I know z, I'm not naive.  Its the blanket judgements that tick me off.  😔
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #53 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:49:42 PM »
Me too. 'All' wasters, 'all' scum, 'all' scroungers, thieves and terrorists..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #54 on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
might this be a good point to ask what percentage of legal Brits were actual brits seventy years ago?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #55 on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:28:19 PM »
A pretty high proportion. In my circle of friends, family and acquaintances, I can only think of one who wasn’t born in the UK. A boy at school was born in Mauritius , but as I knew him from age eleven, he was in the UK from an early age. No idea about his parents.
Don’t forget that my mother and her siblings were all born in the UK - all Ireland was part of the UK back then
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #56 on: Sep 16, 2020, 09:35:40 PM »
crabbyob, given the vast number of possible  DPs there could be around the world, who seem to prefer the UK to many other locations, at what point would you say enough is enough ?, when we are treading on each others toes, IMO we are already overloaded with non Brits.

You'll not get an answer to that question Sparky, I've asked it many times.

However, the immigrant supporters mantra is anyone living in a war zone or in a country where they're oppressed, should be allowed into the UK so we're talking about a few hundred million.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #57 on: Sep 16, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »
I'm sure Gary Lineker and his ilk would be happy to give them house room
MIke

sparky

« Reply #58 on: Sep 17, 2020, 07:37:29 AM »

Me too. 'All' wasters, 'all' scum, 'all' scroungers, thieves and terrorists..

Nah, Nah, Not all, I reckon about 97 %.

Diasi

« Reply #59 on: Sep 17, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »
A pretty high proportion. In my circle of friends, family and acquaintances, I can only think of one who wasn’t born in the UK. A boy at school was born in Mauritius , but as I knew him from age eleven, he was in the UK from an early age. No idea about his parents.
Don’t forget that my mother and her siblings were all born in the UK - all Ireland was part of the UK back then
Mike

I certainly never met any kids that weren't from white British families.

In fact it was a rarity to see a kid from another part of the UK.