Author Topic: At the Hog Trough  (Read 887 times)

digitalis

At the Hog Trough
« on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »
Still there: Linnekar and now Ball. Lottsa others too.

Swill.

Aintyasickofit!

Seen x100 and more autistic followers of Englands game who would easily qualify for Linnekars job...and do it better for £60k. Do you know any? I've seen and heard them outside football stadiums. No offence: they may still live with mum and dad at 60. Unmarried. Nice men. Totally obsessed with the game. Seen as nutters by some. Just oddballs. But entertaining. Would be x200 better than 'Our Gary'.
 Shooting PC goals: why not have on some black guy from Brixton? Probably do the job better than our 1 plus million waster. Would hit all the right buttons,even for myself. BLM might celebrate too

klondike

Re: At the Hog Trough
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
I expect he'll be doing more crisps adverts to make up for the pay cut.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2020, 09:45:22 AM »
I was so intrigued by a headline that Lineker had accepted a £400,000 pay cut that I looked the article up. I see last year he was paid - refuse to say earned - £1,750,000 - what for, for pity's sake?
That would pay a year's licence fee for 10,000 people!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
He was just an ordinary bloke who happened to be good at football, and then fell lucky getting into TV.

If it had happened to you, or your kids, would you have turned it down? Just asking...
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »
Whats the contract with the crisp company worth ?  I wonder if he likes crisps?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2020, 11:26:50 AM »
He was just an ordinary bloke who happened to be good at football, and then fell lucky getting into TV.

If it had happened to you, or your kids, would you have turned it down? Just asking...
I don't blame him - I blame whoever offered him such obscene terms
Mike

ronyork

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2020, 11:29:35 AM »
Hear/hear,

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »
It's a con anyway as the BBC has branches where they don't have to declare the amount of earnings so Linnekar could be getting the shortfall from there.

Ball gets paid an obscene amount for playing records & talking utter shіte.

The BBC should have limits imposed on what it's allowed to pay.

We've just had our 'it's time to set up your next TV licence' letter.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Sep 16, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »

I don't blame him - I blame whoever offered him such obscene terms
Mike

Exactly,

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2020, 11:56:05 AM »
Fair enough, I agree its far too much. Its just that Lineker was mentioned.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »
We've had this discussion before so I'll not waste my breath arguing but I will say that those of you that think broadcasting is easy and you could do the job just as well, you couldn't.. Not in a thousand years. It's a specific skill and, as you know, rare enough to be worth a lot of money to those with that bone. 'S just petty jealousy and I'm surprised at some of you.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
We've had this discussion before so I'll not waste my breath arguing but I will say that those of you that think broadcasting is easy and you could do the job just as well, you couldn't.. Not in a thousand years. It's a specific skill and, as you know, rare enough to be worth a lot of money to those with that bone. 'S just petty jealousy and I'm surprised at some of you.
Rubbish. Lineker worth £1.75million when many others are on - in the same business - only a fraction?
Mike

digitalis

« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »

No offence Zoony but you are doing well here with your comedy or satire.

Surely any failure by any commentator can only be seen as adding an audience to a programme. I think any 'failure' would only add to the allure of what is presented as professional commentary these days. If professionalism is faultless well lets get back to MaxHeadroom the robot presenter. Therein a robot could make any presentation: type in the script,the jobs dun!

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2020, 01:58:21 PM »
 ;D  C'mon D..Max Headroom was a tv show and had a team of writers making a script to be read by an actor and creatively filmed using the same actor. Of course these broadcasters have scripts too but it's not even close to verbatim, just bullet points to talk around so not really comparable..As far as bloopers go, sh*t happens. It's how it's dealt with that's key. The humour and presence of mind needed to cope with such things can't be faked and, as you say, people do love 'em..

"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

digitalis

« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
Respect Zoony  :)