Author Topic: Valuation???  (Read 767 times)

Cee Gee

Valuation???
« on: Sep 20, 2020, 09:09:58 AM »
What would you guess as to the value of this large detached house set in its own grounds. Large Terraced in similar area going for £350,000

GrannyMac

Re: Valuation???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
So much depends on condition and location.  £500,000?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »
Well, if a large terraced house nearby is £350k - £450-500k?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »
This suggests that the prices there have been all over the place in the last few years. I'd guess that the 45k one may have been completely unmodernised.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/ol8/werneth-hall-road.html
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »
This suggests that the prices there are all over the place..

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/ol8/werneth-hall-road.html

Lol, I checked it as well but, with it once being part of my patch, would I want to pay those prices to live in Oldham.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
Also depends if its in a good catchment area for schools. There are 3 excellent schools around here and if I decided to sell up I would use that are a bargaining chip to get competing buyers into a bidding war. Some families will pay a lot ot get their kids into one of the best schools.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2020, 11:58:28 AM »
What is the answer, how much?  I don't know the area and it varies so, even areas you wouldn't want to live in have eye watering prices.

Where I live in rural Wales you could swap a two up two down in London for a large country house with land and still have change.  Our neighbours are selling up, large farmhouse, three barns, six acres of land for £590,000. My old small semi in Harrow, which we sold for £28,000 in 1982 now £500,000, I know where I'd rather live, I wouldn't go back there even for a visit!

Same old problem too many people, too much demand on housing stock, shooting up prices.  Labour Party say not too many people, just not enough houses, bloody idiots!!!!!!

Cee Gee

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2020, 05:42:18 PM »
This was a trust property. the council manipulated the wording of the trust ...they then sold the trust property with a valuation of £100,00 in a clandestine auction.
The trust had capital in the fund how much?? Total value of capital with net proceeds of sale added just over £230,000 the purchaser not named! bet he got a bargain :o

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2020, 05:48:19 PM »
Didn't they do well, wonder if it was a fiddle or a councillors croney who bought it?

Cee Gee

« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:58:22 AM »
Didn't they do well, wonder if it was a fiddle or a councillors croney who bought it?

Strong smell of fish.

Cee Gee

« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »
I have sent in FOI requests to the borough solicitor and guess what....I have already been passed to three departments and still my questions have not been answered. >:(

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2020, 09:29:42 PM »
I have sent in FOI requests to the borough solicitor and guess what....I have already been passed to three departments and still my questions have not been answered. >:(

Has the story been in the local press & TV news.

If not, it should be.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cee Gee

« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:28:05 PM »
Has the story been in the local press & TV news.

If not, it should be.

All local press in their pockets >:(

Cassandra

« Reply #13 on: Sep 21, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »

A valid request under Section. 8 of the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) states that a request for information under the Act must:

• Be in writing for (this must be legible and can include email)
  • State the name of the applicant and the address for correspondence
  • Describe the information requested

• Any response must be made within 20 working days. If after being able to prove you have contacted the authority more than once unsuccessfully, you can request them to intervene:
    Your ultimate recourse to any perceived avoidance is 'The Information Commissioners Office'. They may suggest your claim falls outside their remit?

This disparity arises, sometimes, because the instruction from the Information Commissioner’s Office and the revised S. 45 Code of Practice they issue, both suggest that there are some circumstances where, despite the validity of a request, it may be better dealt with 'outside of the Act.'

The Code of Practice advises that, “information given out as part of routine business, for example, standard responses to general enquiries” does not need to be dealt with under the Act.

The ICO Guide states that, “It will often be effective and provide better customer service to deal with it the subject as a "normal customer enquiry under your usual customer service procedures”.'
    So also write and ask will they give a clear answer i.e "what gross funds were received in payment for the sale of no 146 Werneth Hall Road", without referring to the act and keep copies for later reference as proof to your MP. If you get no response after 20 working days. You can download a form to register your complaint of non compliance at;

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/official-information-concerns-report/official-information-concern/

That said expect to have to persist with the ICO. They are experts in prevarication and churning. However they do respond when your local MP gets involved. They (LA) may also try to deflect your request as you imply in your post, especially if you don't reside in their area. It's a standard approach along with latterly of course the omnipresent Coronavirus distraction. Expect all Local Authorities to be pro-active in resistance to providing any information - its in their DNA.

They also rely on inertia from older questioners eventually 'burying' their need to respond. Persistence and invoking a probably equally disinterested and indolent MP (or their little helpers) does eventually pay off. Unfortunately its the world we now live in.

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cee Gee

« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2020, 12:32:52 AM »
    Thank you Cassandra. Your post has been most helpfull.