Author Topic: Railways  (Read 226 times)

sparky

Railways
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »
So all the time the privatised rail companies where making good money for their shareholders, etc,  with their sky high fares, for often not even a seat,  all was well, now with falling passengers, they cant wait to offload their franchises, and get the taxpayer to take over the running costs, greedy two faced b******s

Michael Rolls

Re: Railways
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »
Surprised?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Johned

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
The disgusting part of the franchising to me is the fact that our local trains roll in with "A DB Company" emblazoned on the side of the carriages.  Deutsche Bundesbahn, the profits they make here go to subsidise their operations in Germany, how sick is that?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:03:56 PM »
The daftest part of the exercise, for me, was the split between track and operator responsibilities. I was once stuck in slow moving traffic on a motorway (M4 from memory) behind and enormous low loader carrying a railway carriage and doing about 12 mph. Apparently had it been moved by rail, the company would have been charged an enormous amount of money - £100,000 was mentioned, but I have no way of checking the validity of the figure.
Mike

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:11:10 PM »
Is this a worse mess than Major got us into by signing off the Mastericht Treaty?

And now the man has the brass neck to stick his oar in yet again on Brexit.

A botched privatisation forced through by a man who knew his days in power were coming to an end. His sheer bloody uselessness issued in three terms of Blair who opened the floodgates on immigration and took part in an illegal war that destabilised the Middle East ensuring we'd have plenty to top up any shortfall in the numbers shoved our way by the EU.

In any fair world Major and Blair would be hanging from lampposts. To my mind the mess of the railways is just a sideshow.

Not that I'm bitter of course.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »
Perish the thought!
Mike